Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Dan Burn

Burn played superbly well in his farewell games for us but people are really kidding themselves that he would have made much of a difference today, he would have looked as below par as the rest because our players today collectively dragged each other down. Never mind, they have so much plusses in the bank we can ignore this one

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Missed him today , even if it only meant we could play a back 3 , but we would of been stronger defensively if he played

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Burn played superbly well in his farewell games for us but people are really kidding themselves that he would have made much of a difference today, he would have looked as below par as the rest because our players today collectively dragged each other down. Never mind, they have so much plusses in the bank we can ignore this one

Disagree.

One of the reasons we were so rubbish was because he wasn’t there. I think he would have made a positive difference and the back four would’ve been more solid. Missing Webster in particular was big but much less so if he’d been there.

After Dunk’s mistake on Tuesday and today’s performance, selling him looks like a bad error to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I have no issue with us selling him but not signing a replacement or recalling one of our loan centre backs was a stupid move by the club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bit at fault for West Ham goal, didn’t attack the ball.

But missed his leadership and mental toughness today. Still he’s gone……

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021

I don’t think we’d have lost to United or today if BDB was still with us and I thought we were doing the right thing selling

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Great tackle towards the end of today's game, took Bowen right out.

But he's gone move on.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He was at fault for the goal, he was 4 choice CB for us, he was only in our team because of injuries and suspension, would he have made any difference today if we had not sold him NO. he's gone and we are £13million better off.end of thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He was at fault for the goal, he was 4 choice CB for us, he was only in our team because of injuries and suspension, would he have made any difference today if we had not sold him NO. he's gone and we are £13million better off.end of thread

Whenever I see the phrase 'end of thread' I feel it's a good thing to call it out - thus - as bollox.......... :)

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Obviously we were not looking to sell him but I cannot see any other team paying that kind of money for him. Not a bad bit of business. He gets his dream move and we move on.
It's very much hindsight with the results we have had since he left. I doubt he would have made much difference tbh.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As has been mentioned on other threads, it wasn’t Burn that we missed today; it was both Dunk and Webster. We’ve looked ok when one of these two have been playing but never good when they’ve both been missing. Before today that was against Southampton and Wolves, and our defence looked very weak on both occasions.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Disagree.

One of the reasons we were so rubbish was because he wasn’t there. I think he would have made a positive difference and the back four would’ve been more solid. Missing Webster in particular was big but much less so if he’d been there.

After Dunk’s mistake on Tuesday and today’s performance, selling him looks like a bad error to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree, Webster or say Burn if he was still here would have meant we could have gone with a 3, got Cucu and Lamps further up the pitch with some width and got bodies in midfield. Veltman does a great job as a 3rd CB or as a makeshift CB next to someone playing well, but to have him next to Duffy who has been out for however how long - you could see they’ve never played together as 2 CBs, that meant the full backs were forced back, we lacked width etc. etc. We’ve paid dearly for that Dunk red.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here