Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our home performances and form

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Why is it so poor? 14 points at home compare to 19 away doesn't seem like a massive difference. But should our home points not be higher than our away? I can only really think of a few games at home like Chelsea or Leeds where we have played well. Even against Leicester we should have lost. It has been the same for the last 3 seasons. Is there something psychological going on? Is it the fans? Are we too complacent at home? Is the pitch the wrong size? Do we water it too much? Happy to hear what you think.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Much of this was the behind closed doors era, where emboldened away teams won for fun.

Then, not necessarily a criticism of Potter, away teams set up to frustrate possession based teams. An organised deep lying defence in huge numbers, hit on the counter. Norwich did this at Anfield today, but world class game changers eventually found openings. We lack that type of player.

Potter’s a football purist, so won’t resort a plan B of ‘chucking the ball in the mixer’ to a gaggle of tall players in open play.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sometimes it seems like they are better enabled when the opposition open up and bring the game to them. Seen it so many times this season. It is an area that needs work.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Feels like it did after we won promtion to the Premier League.
Seems like the players feel like we are safe and performances have dropped.
Bissouma looks disinterested too.
I was hoping we could finish above Palace and Southampton but I would be happy now to risk that and give some of the fringe players some game time to get some PL experience before next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Palace at home was another good performance that didn’t get the win it deserved.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Away we can play on the break, at home the expectation generally is that we take the game to the opposing team.

I feel we still struggle from that perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here