Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could outplaying Man U at Old Trafford have been peak Albion ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We were there on Tuesday and the Albion were sublime. At times a little too casual which may have been our undoing. Maybe today is a blip but….
On the other hand the defence has been decimated and we have never had an attack.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tbh I dont think it was even the best performance this season.

And there will be more great performances. I dont think many after the Wolves game thought the team would have two great games against Chelsea only a few weeks later.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
To be fair a lot of teams have outplayed United for 90 minutes at OT this season .

Villa , Everton, Southampton, Watford & Wolves have all come away with points (plus others considered to be top six)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think the OP has a point. Watching that game you could almost feel the players thinking "Right, we're safe, we're playing nice stuff, we can relax here" and before you knew it we were losing and down to 10 men. I honestly don't think the players have played at a high enough level since then. They haven't downed tools but they are probably playing with 10% less intensity and that's all it takes. Very difficult to get that back now, hence us dropping down the table like a stone. I saw it against Newcastle in the home game after we took the lead, the crowd (ridiculously) started the "olays" on the first half and the players visibly relaxed, dropped their intensity and we very nearly lost - it's a mentality issue and the players and management need to sort it sharpish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here