Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy birthday Barry Lloyd

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
73 years young.

Saw him in the week in Broadwater and he’s still looking good and firing on all cylinders.

Mine and Barry’s eventual friendship was a real life lesson for me, sometimes we only find out the full story of what went on years later. Case in point Dean Saunders, he got £60,000 when the board were prepared to let him walk away from the club for free.

As effectively CEO he kept the Albion afloat, even prepared to go into administration even though he’d have probably lost his job, and was one of the first people to cotton on what Archer was up to, but effectively had his hands tied with an NDA after his departure in Dec 1993.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never had a problem with Barry. Always felt he gave his best in difficult circumstances.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The club should employ him as a striker scout!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Keeley, Codner, Wilkins, Nelson, Bremner, Dublin, Rougvie, May, Pates, Curbishley, Gotsmanov….great times!

Barry, Barry, Barry…

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Like all managers he made good signings and ermmm, some not quite so good ones.

Very much in credit imo.
They way he signed players from all round the world, was far ahead of its time.
He never wasted big money, because he never had a big budget. Farrington was 100k from memory.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
73 years young.

Saw him in the week in Broadwater and he’s still looking good and firing on all cylinders.

Mine and Barry’s eventual friendship was a real life lesson for me, sometimes we only find out the full story of what went on years later. Case in point Dean Saunders, he got £60,000 when the board were prepared to let him walk away from the club for free.

As effectively CEO he kept the Albion afloat, even prepared to go into administration even though he’d have probably lost his job, and was one of the first people to cotton on what Archer was up to, but effectively had his hands tied with an NDA after his departure in Dec 1993.

Did the club proud in difficult circumstanceIs. Does he attend Albion games. While at it do Des Lynam and Fat Boy Slim still attend

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Until Houghton, the most successful Brighton manager bar Mullery. Without even a shoestring budget. There wasn’t a shoe. More a leaky welly someone fished out a pond. His skill at spotting overseas talents was remarkable. 1990/91 still my favourite season of all time until 2016/17.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Very much in credit imo.
They way he signed players from all round the world, was far ahead of its time.
He never wasted big money, because he never had a big budget. Farrington was 100k from memory.

agree

Rougvie 50k
Nelson 72k

absolute bargains

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here