Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The philosophy of Sean Dyche

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was pointed in the direction of this sports pod by Harry Wilson’s Tackle. Sean Dyche is a regular contributor and come across so well. Really funny and entertaining but also deadly serious about the ‘Burnley ethos’. He touches on areas such as player diets, player mentality and what exactly he requires from his team on the pitch. Absolutely fascinating stuff all wrapped up in a ‘best of pod’ here:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1V5Mge5Hww8rg3ZOFwXpI7?si=eTbVCWIIToG_YO3aMmKFag

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m going to whisper this,

I have always liked Sean Dyche as a person. Bit like Steve Bruce, I like him as well.

Wouldn’t want either near our club though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
'endeavour without pleasure'

A good analogy.

I have a lot of time for Sean Dyche, with the little he has to work with at Burnley he has come up with minor miracles each season to keep the club in the Premier League.

Ok his style of football is anything but pretty to watch, but probably necessary with what he has available. All power to his elbow l say, (after today's game of course).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A good analogy.

I have a lot of time for Sean Dyche, with the little he has to work with at Burnley he has come up with minor miracles each season to keep the club in the Premier League.

Ok his style of football is anything but pretty to watch, but probably necessary with what he has available. All power to his elbow l say, (after today's game of course).

For all of SD endeavours, I cannot get past the image of a ginger Dalek:)

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
I’m going to whisper this,

I have always liked Sean Dyche as a person. Bit like Steve Bruce, I like him as well.

Wouldn’t want either near our club though.

I like him too. He seems like a really straight up bloke. He';s actually performed miracles getting a club like Burnley into the Premier league and keeping it there for six seasons. I think the players really respect him too as they seem to stay a long time. It's not pretty but until now it has worked. The worst thing that can happen to a club is that it gets taken over by yanks. No understanding of our beautiful game - take a club over with borrowed money - which then becomes the club's debt - help themselves to big payouts, then when it all goes poo shaped [which it seems to be doing at Burnley this season - sack the manager [ a fate that Dyche surely doesn't deserve but will probably suffer anyway].

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I suppose you can admire that but on the flip side is his constant berating of fourth officials, teaching his players to go down with 'head injuries' when the opposition breaks, his players leaving a bit on every time they challenge a ball and having one of the worst ball in play stats in the premier league which negates any admiration from me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For all of SD endeavours, I cannot get past the image of a ginger Dalek:)

I like him, too, but for me every time I see him and hear him speak I think of a person who has undergone successful female to male gender realignment but has slightly overdone the testosterone supplements.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suppose you can admire that but on the flip side is his constant berating of fourth officials, teaching his players to go down with 'head injuries' when the opposition breaks, his players leaving a bit on every time they challenge a ball and having one of the worst ball in play stats in the premier league which negates any admiration from me.

Deffo.

Like you I'm all about no discipline, presenting the opposition with easy chances every 15 minutes and going down to 10 men when they still refuse to win.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If such tactics keep them in the Premier League, then they are worth using, that's the way Sean Dyche will be looking at it. Burnley won't be at all bothered how much it aggravates others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here