Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Government to abort plans to ban foie grass and fur clothing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jacob Rees Mogg once again shows his man of the people credentials by putting consumer choice first.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Some - including Brexit opportunities minister Jacob Rees Mogg - have raised concerns about personal choice.”

Personal choice which he doesn’t extend to women and their own bodies. Hypocrite.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have to admit (vegans look away now) to being a lover of foie gras in the past and even learning how to cook it properly, but that was twenty years ago or more. I do acknowledge the manner in which it's produced is totally cruel and unacceptable and I haven't touched it in a long while. Chefs these days can make plenty of dishes from other ingredients that are far more delicious. It has had its time.

Unless, that is, you are a Tory minister with a fridge full of foie and a wardrobe full of mink.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Totally the wrong thing to do , someone said dropping those would enable the rest of the bill to progress. I suppose that means they have too many back benchers who would block it ...
The public do not want animal cruelty. These items serve only the rich and heartless minority.
Stand up for principle!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What on earth do you force feed cannabis to get Foie Grass?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
“Some - including Brexit opportunities minister Jacob Rees Mogg - have raised concerns about personal choice.”

Personal choice which he doesn’t extend to women and their own bodies. Hypocrite.

He's even more hypocritical than that as he has a lot of shares in a company that manufacture the morning after pill.

Why is anyone surprised by the lies of this government?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This isn’t about foie grass and furs. This is about the so called “elite” showing us plebs they can do what they like, when they like. And what better way to bait a “lefty” than this sort of thing? They’ll literally be sitting around chuckling about this.

“What shall we do next Moggers, you old scoundrel”?

“I’ll tell you what, let’s bring back the running of the poor, we’ll chase them on horseback through Raynes Park and slaughter them outside the old East India offices”.

“Oh capital idea Moggers, you fiend! Running of the poor! What larks! Phnarrr haaarrr haaarr haaaaww haaaaaaw”

I wish I was joking. This is their idea of fun.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bring back bear baiting and public executions.

Let them eat cake.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This isn’t about foie grass and furs. This is about the so called “elite” showing us plebs they can do what they like, when they like. And what better way to bait a “lefty” than this sort of thing? They’ll literally be sitting around chuckling about this.

“What shall we do next Moggers, you old scoundrel”?

“I’ll tell you what, let’s bring back the running of the poor, we’ll chase them on horseback through Raynes Park and slaughter them outside the old East India offices”.

“Oh capital idea Moggers, you fiend! Running of the poor! What larks! Phnarrr haaarrr haaarr haaaaww haaaaaaw”

I wish I was joking. This is their idea of fun.

This. 100%.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It'll be fox hunting back next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here