Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs ticket fiasco.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My Son is a WSU season ticket holder, he couldn’t make the original Spurs fixture, so paid the £20 and transferred it to my daughters fiancée before the game was postponed.

Now the game has been re-arranged, my daughters fiancée can’t make it, but, my son can.

Will the club allow my son to use his ST or will he have to buy a ticket?
As far as we can make out, the club won’t allow him to use his own season ticket.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
My Son is a WSU season ticket holder, he couldn’t make the original Spurs fixture, so paid the £20 and transferred it to my daughters fiancée before the game was postponed.

Now the game has been re-arranged, my daughters fiancée can’t make it, but, my son can.

As far as we can make out, the club won’t allow him to use his own season ticket.

Have you asked the club?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He has emailed the club.

I think he is waiting for a reply,

The original terms and conditions say that the ticket cannot be transferred back. There has been no advertised change to that policy ( so far)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Your son can just use the print at home ticket that was generated for the fiancee and no one will be any the wiser. No drama.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Your son can just use the print at home ticket that was generated for the fiancee and no one will be any the wiser. No drama.

My daughter fiancé has put it on his phone. It has not been updated.

I think.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My daughter fiancé has put it on his phone. It has not been updated.

I think.

When sharing you get a print at home PDF and the mobile ticket in the same email (or least I did when I shared a ticket for the Burnley match). Your son will have the original email with both. Just print the ticket and problem solved.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When sharing you get a print at home PDF and the mobile ticket in the same email (or least I did when I shared a ticket for the Burnley match). Your son will have the original email with both. Just print the ticket and problem solved.

Cheers , I’ll tell him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I am sure if the OP is reasonable, and doesn't slag off the club by starting a thread on the local Albion forum by referring to a ticket fiasco before checking with them first, they will be very happy to be flexible and help out. After all, nobody's fault and beyond everyone's control, so why would the club not assist? They also have phone numbers to call Supporter Services. Not sure if they might help?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Email from club said "If you listed your seat for resale for the original match date, please note this will have been reversed and your ticket will no longer be listed. If you are unable to attend, you can list your seat for resale again."

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Email from club said "If you listed your seat for resale for the original match date, please note this will have been reversed and your ticket will no longer be listed. If you are unable to attend, you can list your seat for resale again."

That's not the OP's situation. That ticket was transferred via the £20 payment option to another person. The website is clear that this cannot be reversed. I agree that this is a mess but that's what the club is saying and in fact said all along once the match was postponed. It may be that in special circumstances supporter services can help and usually they try to do all they can, but it would be a concession not a right.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Personally I’d not be putting this on the forum -
Or social media. Instead quietly download the ticket as a PDF and use it. Chance of being ID’d is low, chance of a steward caring even lower.

Yes it is ridiculous that this is in place and I’d bet if challenged in law the club would struggle to argue it’s fair

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I am sure if the OP is reasonable, and doesn't slag off the club by starting a thread on the local Albion forum by referring to a ticket fiasco before checking with them first, they will be very happy to be flexible and help out. After all, nobody's fault and beyond everyone's control, so why would the club not assist? They also have phone numbers to call Supporter Services. Not sure if they might help?

You’d think, but no.

Season ticket can’t apparently be reactivated but as others have said the original print at home ticket remains valid.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This fun situation is not just restricted to the Albion.

I was speaking to a friend who is a Manchester United ST holder, and they told me that there were loads of ST holders unable to get into see the start of the game on Tuesday as they were unable to attend the earlier date so transferred the ticket for this game onto someone else, and could then make the rearranged game, but their ST was disabled and the QR code didn't work at the turnstiles, so lengthy queues at the ticket office to sort out.

Still plenty of time to resolve the issue with the Ticketing team before the Spurs game.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That's not the OP's situation. That ticket was transferred via the £20 payment option to another person. The website is clear that this cannot be reversed. I agree that this is a mess but that's what the club is saying and in fact said all along once the match was postponed. It may be that in special circumstances supporter services can help and usually they try to do all they can, but it would be a concession not a right.

This.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
yes i was just quoting what was sent. I think the problem will prevent some fans doing anything but hang on just in case game is off and no hassle on reschedulled date. Doesnt help bums on seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here