Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swindon Town Fans Raise Over £6000 For Young Fan Who Can't Afford Food Or Match Tickets

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If the young lad lives in Swindon surely he or his family have heard about this. I so hope that the club can track him down.

A wonderful gesture by the club, and good publicity for them too of course.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The hunt is on to find a 6 year old boy who sent 26p to Swindon Town FC. He said he could not afford to come to matches as his mum did not have enough money for food.

Fans have raised over £6000 to get him match tickets and help with the families food bills. They just need to track him down.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/17/6000...cant-afford-to-take-him-to-football-16119801/

Call me a sceptic, but I wonder where the father is? How many tattoos has his mum been able to afford? Feel sorry for the kid, but somehow believe there's some irresponsible parenting involved.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Call me a sceptic, but I wonder where the father is? How many tattoos has his mum been able to afford? Feel sorry for the kid, but somehow believe there's some irresponsible parenting involved.
You mean the types that can always afford cigarettes and cans of beer as a priority instead of feeding and clothing their child properly?
There are many cases like that in society but we don't know if this is one of them.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

That's quite an effort to fit so many stereotypes into a fairly short post. The number of families on or below the poverty line through absolutely no fault of their own is getting bigger and bigger each day. I volunteer for a food bank in the North East and I can tell you that there are plenty of families who need help despite both parents working and without wasting any money on anything vaguely luxury.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Can I call you something else?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You may like to know that Swindon is a real run down area, [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] can give you more info, as he drives around in a refurbished Securicor van :D

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

You may be right, but then again you might be wrong.

Football fans have come together to make sure the kid has got food in his belly and tickets to see his local team play football. That will do for me.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

and you missed that Joe is short for Yusuf........

I am so glad I don't inhabit your sick mind, except for the odd occasion I try and understand your warped thinking.

His dad might have left him, his mum might have tattoos, but young Joe has very advanced handwriting for a child of 6 and aside from school his spelling is also very good for his age and then he has done a decent job of taping the money to the paper. A remarkable child really considering the upbringing you have deduced.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

The Father has numerous kids by different woman, and left the Mum for a younger woman, while she had cancer. He now lives in a Council flat, which is pretty lucky, cos he’s such a scum bag,he got fired from 2 jobs for lying, and is currently under investigation by the Police.

Oh no, hang on.

Those are all facts about this country’s Prime Minister, not a made up supposition by some right wing numpty on a football message board.

Hope this helps.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

:facepalm: You left a 55" TV and Sky off your list !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I wish you would **** off. I have you on ignore but you still stink the place out. Prat.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

F87826BD-ADCC-4357-AEC7-59ACD52BA573.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here