Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Question for the old farts

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Next year in October I turn 65 and therefore qualify for my reduced ST

So, question is…does the albion charge a full year at the pre retirement rate if you renew in March/April for that next season or is it done pro rata, ie. Games prior to October are full price and after October old farts rate?

Thanks you

Now what did I come in here for again?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I believe you get it at the reduced rate when you are 65 at the start of the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You need to have reached 65 by the beginning of any new season to be eligible for the concession l believe.

I have to say that although l turned 65 last April the area that my seat is in, W1G isn't discounted, so if l wish to retain my seat, which l do, l have to continue paying full whack for the privilege.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You need to have reached 65 by the beginning of any new season to be eligible for the concession l believe.

I have to say that although l turned 65 last April the area that my seat is in, W1G isn't discounted, so if l wish to retain my seat, which l do, l have to continue paying full whack for the privilege.

Ah that is interesting.

That could make my mind up about renewing and picking and choosing games then.

Thanks mate

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Hmmm......I can't be 100% sure that I am remembering correctly ( naturally ) and I can't find anything on the Albion website ( naturally ) but......

My birthday is in November and I think that I was charged the O65 rate for my season ticket for the whole season I turned 65.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would guess it would be the same as kids/teenagers tickets which go by your age on the first competitive match of the season. It's why my kids were born late August :wink:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You will have the advantage of sharing your ST with full price attendees once you get an over 65 ST.

Season Ticket Holders can upgrade their concession tickets (eg under 21, under 18, under 10 or over 65), for any home league men's match. To upgrade your ticket you will need to follow the steps below, pay for the difference in price, and then forward the new ticket to the person who will be using the ticket for the game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it changes for the whole season but then my birthday is August. Ring Customer Services and they'll answer your query.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You will have the advantage of sharing your ST with full price attendees once you get an over 65 ST.

Season Ticket Holders can upgrade their concession tickets (eg under 21, under 18, under 10 or over 65), for any home league men's match. To upgrade your ticket you will need to follow the steps below, pay for the difference in price, and then forward the new ticket to the person who will be using the ticket for the game.

Thanks Bob. I am the last of our family to still be going to the albion. Mum and Dad stopped years ago, my brother after getting abuse when we played Huddersfield at home a few years ago and he cancelled his ST and bought one to HTFC the next day. He rarely misses Town games home and away…it must cost him a fortune. LOL. my brother in law gave up a few years ago and BAG a moved away ages ago so doesn’t go , so I have no friends or family who are interested anymore. Hence I had no one to do the albion membership thing with! It’s only seeing people I stand with at the amex makes me still go really

Cheers

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A few years ago the lady who’s seat was next to mine, had her 65thbirthday 3 days after the start of the season. She asked the club to make an exception, in her case for a senior citizens reduction.
The club said no, and she didn’t renew.

I can see the merit in both arguments, but in the end the club is a business, and where would the cut of point be if they made exceptions for the unlucky few.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A few years ago the lady who’s seat was next to mine, had her 65thbirthday 3 days after the start of the season. She asked the club to make an exception, in her case for a senior citizens reduction.
The club said no, and she didn’t renew.

I can see the merit in both arguments, but in the end the club is a business, and where would the cut of point be if they made exceptions for the unlucky few.

I suppose it’s just about cash flow really.

If you can afford it then great.

If it came to giving up my golf membership or the albion, the albion would go

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Next year in October I turn 65 and therefore qualify for my reduced ST

So, question is…does the albion charge a full year at the pre retirement rate if you renew in March/April for that next season or is it done pro rata, ie. Games prior to October are full price and after October old farts rate?

Thanks you

Now what did I come in here for again?

Polish_20220218_111211001.jpg

You can now contact the ticket office and apply for one of these, if that's of any help :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
View attachment 145255

You can now contact the ticket office and apply for one of these, if that's of any help :thumbsup:

Have you ever tried to get a blue badge off the council( or whoever allocates them). It makes the Spanish Inquisition seem like the local women’s institute!!!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Having just reached 60 I thought I'd get a bus pass, I don't :rant:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hmmm......I can't be 100% sure that I am remembering correctly ( naturally ) and I can't find anything on the Albion website ( naturally ) but......

My birthday is in November and I think that I was charged the O65 rate for my season ticket for the whole season I turned 65.

I think that's the case. My ST this year was much reduced ... but it was complicated by the refunds owing to me from the previous season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here