Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United charged by FA for failing to control players vs Brighton

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Manchester United charged by FA for failing to control players vs Brighton

fbl-eng-pr-man-utd-southampton-7-640x463.jpg

The FA has charged Manchester United for failing to control their players against Brighton in the Premier League, on Tuesday night.

Although United won the match 2-0, there was some controversy when Bankes issued Lewis Dunk a yellow card for denying Anthony Elanga a goalscoring opportunity by pulling him the young attacker to the ground.

Read more - https://strettynews.com/2022/02/16/manchester-united-charged-by-fa-for-failing-to-control-players/

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dick Head beaten to the punch by Macbeth. What bloody man is that? What's done cannot be undone.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Quite right too, If the FA punish MU…
It is sickening the way they intimidate a referee in that manner . At least he had the nerve to book one of them. It is unsportsmanlike, to say the least to conspire to get a fellow professional sent off. Do they practice this in training?
NB .. a less red tinted view is that Webster was coming in , so he was never the last man anyway.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's a compliment to us that Man U knew that the only way they would beat us is if they took that chance to get us down to 10 men. Even when we conceded I think we were all fairly confident that we'd score.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The difference in quality between football officials and those in egg chasing is stark.

The top RU referees (I checked out Barnes, Berry & Busby) are all under 45. Three football refs (Friend, Moss, Atkinson) are all over 50.

You can hear all of the egg-chasing comms between the ref, the touch judges and the TV official. You can hear the process they go through to reach their decision. Football VAR goes the other way.

RU officials do not allow themselves to be swayed by players. Maybe they are just stronger characters that don't allow themselves to be bullied.

And the RFU backs up its refs with heavy punishments for players that are sanctioned. They have a panel to identify foul play that has been missed during the match and then punish it.

I think our current refs are way too star-struck and bottle decisions against top teams.

There is no reason why football couldn't be officiated in the same way as egg chasing - but not with current heap of old suits at the FA and not with our current group of elderly star-struck bottle merchants.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here