Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] REMF 2022 second leg - 7:45pm Fri. 27th May @ Lancing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have always wondered how people get picked to play? Are they mates of mates or are there trials?

I believe it's a combination of different factors, including ability level, willingness/ability to fundraise to a certain level, and naturally there will be some element of people knowing people, as there is with any lower level football sides like this. And obviously appearances at times from various old pros like Peter Ward and Ricky Marlowe.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have always wondered how people get picked to play? Are they mates of mates or are there trials?
On that point, I guess the idea to get us 2001 originals back together for the 20th anniversary died a death? (Unless you all did it without me! :ohmy:)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The Team Manager and REMF Chairman usually put out social media posts asking for people to apply, one assumes you have to have some footballing ability, and can make a handful of training sessions, but I doubt there is much else in the criteria.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
On that point, I guess the idea to get us 2001 originals back together for the 20th anniversary died a death? (Unless you all did it without me! :ohmy:)

It had crossed my mind . . . I'm still alive, can run and kick a bit still.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This Friday!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I didn’t hear about that one?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was only an idea mooted on an earlier thread, nothing official. I forget who suggested it, it may have been Zef.

I suggested it but was hard to track down a lot of the players, maybe try again for REMF 21

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The main raffle prize is a hospitality day for 4 season 2022/2023 with a 3 course meal and wine and other add on's at BHAFC value £ 800. Kindly donated by Paul Barber and BHAFC. Tickets £ 5 for 3 strips. Drawn at half time

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It was only an idea mooted on an earlier thread, nothing official. I forget who suggested it, it may have been Zef.

*cough* :wink:

I'd love to meet up at Lancing if you, [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION], [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION], Dave, Gareth and any former REMFers are free.

Think of it as a '20 years on' and top 10 celebration all in one!

:thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The main raffle prize is a hospitality day for 4 season 2022/2023 with a 3 course meal and wine and other add on's at BHAFC value £ 800. Kindly donated by Paul Barber and BHAFC. Tickets £ 5 for 3 strips. Drawn at half time

I am away this weekend, so can't attend, however would like to buy some raffle tickets - is that possible?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
*cough* :wink:

I'd love to meet up at Lancing if you, [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION], [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION], Dave, Gareth and any former REMFers are free.

Think of it as a '20 years on' and top 10 celebration all in one!

:thumbsup:

I am there, we can also raise a glass to Richard Goodman, one of the REMF 1 team

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The weather looks great for Friday evening

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm hoping to be there, have a few dep gigs this weekend but think I only need to do the Saturday one . . .

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'll raise a glass from a distance.
I didn't play as I tore a calf muscle a few days before but helped with the giant flag, and got heckled by Harty, before kick off.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What a beautiful day. Not that there's ever a bad day for beating Palace mind you....

Would be great to have a NSC group and get a few photos up on the main board like the old times. :smile:

Any suggestions for a decent pub in Lancing close by to have a prematch meetup? :drink::whisky:

Calling [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION], [MENTION=177]Brovion[/MENTION], [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION], Uncle S and anyone on NSC who's up for it.

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

(Mods - can we lose the sticky today for maximum bounce potential and visibility?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here