Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The occasional disappointment...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In this division, disappointments have been a regularity. Until recently.....

I think that for us older folks we find it hard to get the idea out of our head we are little old Brighton and the curtains are about to fall.

Form, class, impact, legacy....not all of these concepts about players are we all that familiar with, in our five small years in the top flight.

We are in another place, now, folks, and we have to recalibrate.....everything :shrug:

(I was so pleased with that post on the 'Dunk is past it thread', I was moved to start a thread with it. We really don't need to BURN players when we lose. That's classless, and Arsenal TVish, fam. We are better than that).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And it's taking the lead from the manager. There's no blame culture within the club and there shouldn't be from us.

We were always favourites to lose tonight, irrespective of form or whether we fancied ourselves or not. The fact is they have indisputably one of the the best 5 players to have ever played, up front for them and he made the difference.

I'm all for slating the weak as wet bog roll ref. But our players have put it in, so there will be no blame from me

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think it’s fair to criticise why Dunk feels the need to pull the United player back when we’ve just conceded, especially as the captain. Not going to criticise anything about tonight as we were fantastic bar a sloppy spell just after half time, but that was a poor decision and deserves to be at least questioned IMHO.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dunk has history and hasn't learned.

He's great, but he's not the messiah.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m happy to live with the occasional disappointment. In some ways it’s worse tonight because we clearly could have won the game but a very sloppy five minutes cost us dear. I remember when we lost to Wolves after Dunky got sent off at Molineux for pulling the last man back. Whether or not we were unlucky it was judged a red tonight, the fact remains he still has that capacity unfortunately and it probably is his Achilles heel - recall too that mad red at Palace(was it?) when he lashed out with his feet against Cahill I think.
Biss was very careless for the first goal too
When all said and done we just have to move on and big Shane will be happy to step in if required. I really hope Caicedo gets a chance soon too.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And it's taking the lead from the manager. There's no blame culture within the club and there shouldn't be from us.

We were always favourites to lose tonight, irrespective of form or whether we fancied ourselves or not. The fact is they have indisputably one of the the best 5 players to have ever played, up front for them and he made the difference.

I'm all for slating the weak as wet bog roll ref. But our players have put it in, so there will be no blame from me

Abso-bloody-exactly!

24 matches in and we’ve lost 5. And even they weren’t necessarily all that deserved. These things happen in the Premier League. What do people think we are? The Invincibles?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I am pretty sure I will wake up tomorrow morning still feeling very disappointed - not with the Albion team (who were superb for all but 10 minutes), but with the officials, VAR and the "rub of the green" that #teamslikeManUtd seem to get when playing #teamslikeBrighton.

Or maybe my blue tinted specs will have had a chance to fall off.

Anyway, let's take that performance into Saturday and hopefully Moder will get his well deserved opener.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
In this division, disappointments have been a regularity. Until recently.....

I think that for us older folks we find it hard to get the idea out of our head we are little old Brighton and the curtains are about to fall.

Form, class, impact, legacy....not all of these concepts about players are we all that familiar with, in our five small years in the top flight.

We are in another place, now, folks, and we have to recalibrate.....everything :shrug:

(I was so pleased with that post on the 'Dunk is past it thread', I was moved to start a thread with it. We really don't need to BURN players when we lose. That's classless, and Arsenal TVish, fam. We are better than that).

Totally agree, we lost this time but maybe makes up for some of the great escapes .

If we end up like arsenal TV I'm done.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes. This is against a club that has spent ONE AND HALF BILLION on players in the last 10 years.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
To think in all previous 4 seasons we expect to lose at Manchester United...now we go into these games and getting something isn't a surprise and losing is disappointing

And that's how far we have come in a short space of time. I was absolutely gutted and seethingly angry at what happened when not so long ago I would have thought " Oh well, it's a free hit, at least we kept the score down, etc." My anger was directed, not at Albion, but at the entitled twunts of United, whose fans and team acted like they'd just won the Champions League. Bloody hate 'em.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t be too gobby when we win, and don’t be an entitled whiny prick desperate for a scapegoat when we lose. Leave that to the Gooners :shrug:

Quite :thumbsup:

First thing in my head when I woke up this morning was a feeling of disappointment, tinged with optimism. I'm content with that.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I was amused to see the quote from MOTM David deGea. Asked what the manager said at half time he replied, "He reminded us we are playing at home." Couldn't have put it better myself!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here