Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Dunk peaked?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I admit this is probably just my disappointment rising up, or just me venting, but has Dunk peaked? Before he got injured, he was making a few dodgy decisions and he was a bit too slow. Now we know he has lapses in concentration and has a red card in nearly every season, but against Spurs he was bad. Against Watford he was better making good blocks, but when Dennis ran at him, he was beaten every time. Today has shown why he never gets picked for England, but i'm wondering if at 30, he may have started to decline slightly. I still love the guy, but maybe it's time to find another first pick centre back and have him as back up?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was prepared to forgive the rustiness when he came back but tonight was just stupid. Regardless of whether it was a red or not, it was never worth risking, just like the Wolves one last year. I expect better from our captain TBH.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stop....now. OK?

And exhale.

(yes, probably, but never mind)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He's done enough for us, that we've got to give him the benefit of the doubt that he needs time to get himself right after a long injury

D

Deleted member 2719

He has not peaked at 30..
34 or 35 maybe.
He may still be carrying an injury.
Never underestimate Dunky.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The Sanchez decision shows GP can make big changes; think this will be next. I had doubts that Dunk would come back from injury and make us wonder what we had missed. Duffy plays Saturday; be interesting to see if Dunk back for Villa.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I admit this is probably just my disappointment rising up, or just me venting, but has Dunk peaked? Before he got injured, he was making a few dodgy decisions and he was a bit too slow. Now we know he has lapses in concentration and has a red card in nearly every season, but against Spurs he was bad. Against Watford he was better making good blocks, but when Dennis ran at him, he was beaten every time. Today has shown why he has never been picked for England, but i'm wondering if at 30, he may have started to decline slightly. I still love the guy, but maybe it's time to find another first pick centre back and have him as back up?

???

Dunk.jpg

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He may be a bit off the pace a little but that's just Lewis Dunk isn't it? Sure, he's no Dan Burn but with a run of gam.....oh. After the suspension with a run of games he'll probably be back to his best.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I admit this is probably just my disappointment rising up, or just me venting, but has Dunk peaked? Before he got injured, he was making a few dodgy decisions and he was a bit too slow. Now we know he has lapses in concentration and has a red card in nearly every season, but against Spurs he was bad. Against Watford he was better making good blocks, but when Dennis ran at him, he was beaten every time. Today has shown why he has never been picked for England, but i'm wondering if at 30, he may have started to decline slightly. I still love the guy, but maybe it's time to find another first pick centre back and have him as back up?

Hello Mr Southgate :yawn:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just as big a cock up from Bissouma for their first goal. Nobody is saying he's peaked.

Webby has given one or two of those up in recent weeks, nobody is saying he's peaked

The manager is asking them all to be brave in possession. That is going to mean that mistakes are made. This would be the case no matter who was playing there. Dunky's record in this regard is bloody good for a PL defender

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah i ****ed up, it was meant to be never gets picked, not never been. It just became that in my head for some reason.

No worries.

It's always disorienting when we suffer the occasional defeat :wink: :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One moment of sloppiness doesn't mean that a player's over the hill.

Remember how good he makes other defenders look alongside him. Example - Ben White.

I'm sure Lewis will be back to his commanding, committed self after the suspension.

There's no-one else I'd rather have as Albion captain at the present time.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He was sloppy and it cost us but there were many sloppy moments from different players tonight including Webster first half that could have easily led to a goal. Every player can have a downturn in form or make the odd mistake, after many years of fantastic performances Dunk has more than earned the right to expect a bit of patience and understanding.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that for us older folks we find it hard to get the idea out of our head we are little old Brighton and the curtains are about to fall.

Form, class, impact, legacy....not all of these concepts are we all that familiar with, in our five small years in the top flight.

We are in another place, now, folks, and we have to recalibrate.....everything :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here