Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fantastic attitude

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For me the best thing about this team is the way we keep fighting. Not many teams a man down keep fighting to the last few seconds at Old Trafford, it’s a cliche but they really don’t seem to know when they’re beaten. Man Utd can feel extremely fortunate to have beaten little old Brighton at home.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
For me the best thing about this team is the way we keep fighting. Not many teams a man down keep fighting to the last few seconds at Old Trafford, it’s a cliche but they really don’t seem to know when they’re beaten. Man Utd can feel extremely fortunate to have beaten little old Brighton at home.

yes the fight against the adversity of being a goal and a man down was great to see, as always, but to be honest the complacency at the start of that second half really wasn't a great look. United didn't have to do anything special tonight, and that should be concerning, as good as everything has been up until now

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, we stayed in the game and could have nicked it.

You can see why we've recovered so many losing positions this season.

You can't do it every time though and tonight, not our night

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Not our night but played well enough. Just walked in to a trap really. False sense of security.

The United fans may be cheering for now but they'll be relieved that's over.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yes, we more than matched them in all areas.

50% possession away from home despite playing with 10 men for over 40 mins.

Let's move on from this quickly. Plenty of points left to be won.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Both the Spurs game and tonight hurt a bit. Won’t have a better chance to beat either side when it seems everyone is able to get something from both teams

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Both the Spurs game and tonight hurt a bit. Won’t have a better chance to beat either side when it seems everyone is able to get something from both teams

Still Got to play them both at home (plus spurs away)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Think we would have beaten them both before the break.

We haven't been at the same level since.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah, I feel the same. But we've also taken some great points off some of the other big teams this season so all is not lost.
If only welbeck had buried that header - equalising in injury time at OT having had 10 men most of the second half would've been so sweet

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Not only that, but Webster had a good opportunity to score late on too, could have easily come away with a point. An impressive performance considering the 2-minute **** up.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Think we would have beaten them both before the break.

We haven't been at the same level since.

We were poor first half against Leicester just before the break...

Our problem is being able to play well consistently through 90 mins. We've often only been at our best in one half this season. That's the next step though I guess

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
yes the fight against the adversity of being a goal and a man down was great to see, as always, but to be honest the complacency at the start of that second half really wasn't a great look. United didn't have to do anything special tonight, and that should be concerning, as good as everything has been up until now
Actually United did do something a bit special tonight (even though we handed them the chance on a plate). Ronaldo's goal - and it pains me to say it - was f***ing brilliant. That's why he's on hundreds of thousand pounds a week.
Second goal was irrelevant - we were pushing everyone up for an equaliser. Still don't understand why some teams are allowed to take quick free kicks and others aren't though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Actually United did do something a bit special tonight (even though we handed them the chance on a plate). Ronaldo's goal - and it pains me to say it - was f***ing brilliant. That's why he's on hundreds of thousand pounds a week.
Second goal was irrelevant - we were pushing everyone up for an equaliser. Still don't understand why some teams are allowed to take quick free kicks and others aren't though.

Same reason that Luke Shaw can get away with a blatant second booking.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

It might be these blue and white specs I have on but I think "special" is about as far away as you can get from what United were tonight.

They pressed us for the first 10 mins of the second half like we knew they would after playing that badly. We naively insisted on knocking it around outside our box instead of playing smart during that period of inevitable pressure. Ronaldo's goal was well taken and he is amazing, but we backed off and showed him onto his right foot giving him a perfect screen to place it into the corner.

I think the quick free kick thing depends on the situation. When the ref has to be close to box to keep an eye on 20 players I think it's ok for him to tell the taker to wait in some cases. When MacAlister flung himself on the floor and grabbed the ball with his hands I don't think the ref has any reason to delay the kick. We took a quick one too earlier in the second half when Lamptey was fouled.

Overall I think United were dreadful, got a rocket up the arses at half time, a spring in their step after 1-0, then they had a few chances they failed to convert for an entire half against 10 man Brighton who didn't sit back at all.

I ****ing HATE Man United.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Indeed, despite the result lots of positives

Looking forward to revenge at the Amex

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Massively proud of the boys for their performance last night on one of the biggest stages in football. When United went through the gears in the 2nd half it was tough to live with them and they have outstanding individual quality but our performance merited more than the zero points and plaudits it will get.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not our night but played well enough. Just walked in to a trap really. False sense of security.

The United fans may be cheering for now but they'll be relieved that's over.

Most callers on the radio phone-in last night weren’t happy at all…….poor performance, very lucky to win, we deserved something even when down to 10 etc etc……and the pundits seem to agree…..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Do I have to be concerned or is it ok if I skip out? Because I'm not concerned.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Do I have to be concerned or is it ok if I skip out? Because I'm not concerned.

you can do whatever you like, I'm really not arsed. it's not a sign of imminent disaster but it's definitely something I'd like to see us try and improve upon, I'm aware that mistakes like that come with the territory of playing the way we do but if we could reduce those cheap giveaways by a small margin then we'd probably concede around 5 less goals which could be crucial. on the other hand, we could get worse at it and concede more. who knows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here