Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd tweet

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Good grief, Have you seen this on Twitter?

[tweet]1493553206907088897[/tweet]

Reminds me of the Wrexham Cup game that was moved a day because of a frozen pitch, (I think it was the 3 pointer). I was working in Jersey, Got settled in the pub and got the Barman to whack on ITV4.

As the terrible game went on, The bar filled up with locals who were in to watch El Classico. Our game went to extra time! I could feel all the eyes burning into me but props to the barman who didn't bow to the pressure & switch channel.
How have you gone over & above to prove your support?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don’t know about going above and beyond but I sat on my own in The Central pub on Newquay high street and watched us whoop Southampton 3-1 (Crofts, Murray), they refused to put the commentary on and instead played some obnoxious music.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I missed Sweden vs Spain in Euro 2008 because my local Swedish tier 7 team was playing the same night. Sweden lost so no real loss really but it was the first national team game I've missed since starting to watch football in 2000. I was the only one at the game though and felt like a truly hardcore Lunds FF supporter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reminds me of the Wrexham Cup game that was moved a day because of a frozen pitch, (I think it was the 3 pointer). I was working in Jersey, Got settled in the pub and got the Barman to whack on ITV4.

As the terrible game went on, The bar filled up with locals who were in to watch El Classico. Our game went to extra time! I could feel all the eyes burning into me but props to the barman who didn't bow to the pressure & switch channel.
How have you gone over & above to prove your support?

S4C surely.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“Prove you’re loyal by watching your own team instead of two you have no connection to in a different country when they’re playing at the same time”

Hardly a high bar to clear, that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Watched Brighton lose at home to Newcastle in an Irish bar in Nantes. About a minute before they went into the lead a Geordie fan came and sat with us. Gah.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
“Prove you’re loyal by watching your own team instead of two you have no connection to in a different country when they’re playing at the same time”

Says a lot about modern football fans that!

Jul 7, 2003
For the infamous Palace play off game, I was in Freiburg for work and managed to find a bar that had Sky Sports. However, it was their big quiz night and they had no plans to show any sport that evening and I was told that all the TVs were used for the quiz questions.

Thankfully (or not) the manager kindly agreed to let me watch the game and I ended up sat on a corner of the bar with one small TV showing the game with no commentary while loads of students enjoyed their quiz.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

For most of the Man Utd fans on twitter this applies to Man Utd V Brighton

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I don’t know about going above and beyond but I sat on my own in The Central pub on Newquay high street and watched us whoop Southampton 3-1 (Crofts, Murray), they refused to put the commentary on and instead played some obnoxious music.

I managed to watch that one, late at night in a bar in Pattaya, They would show all premier league games but hadn't heard of Brighton back then.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Watched that on my own in Quinn’s Kentish Town, no sound, Murray 1st goal and 3-1 excellent result at the bookies.
Poyets 1st game in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here