Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana on Talk Sport now

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Any snippets of interest from the chat with Lallana?
I guess they probably spent most of the time talking about his Liverpool career and their result against Burnley yesterday!! :yawn::yawn:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Adam Lallana on Talk Sport now.

How long until they ask him about the booing at the Leeds game?
No they didn't.

Any snippets of interest from the chat with Lallana?
I guess they probably spent most of the time talking about his Liverpool career and their result against Burnley yesterday!! :yawn::yawn:
No they didn't.

No startling revelations - very positive about the club, about Potter and about Maupay. Reckons he (Lallana) is as fit as he's ever been.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The best two footed player I've seen. Some of his one touch onto the other foot, pass is sublime.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The best two footed player I've seen. Some of his one touch onto the other foot, pass is sublime.
and how that translates to one of the worst shooters is ridiculous.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Absolute love Adam lallana, so underated, fantastic footballer. For someone who is meant to be a sicknote he has played a lot of minutes this season as well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolute love Adam lallana, so underated, fantastic footballer. For someone who is meant to be a sicknote he has played a lot of minutes this season as well.

Yep 6th most minutes in the squad this season.

Last season not so great but still got more than a few players I hadn't expected

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A simply brilliant signing. Commanding and a fantastic role model for the younger talent. So pleased we got him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Not naturally two-footed, though. He had to work at it, as he said a few years back in an interview in The Independent:

He credits Southampton’s French former Under-17 coach Georges Prost for making him two-footed. “My scholarship was two, three years long and day in, day out you would work your left foot and work your right foot. I feel that those years were where I developed massively into not thinking about what foot you use and it always becoming second nature.

“I’ve never been blessed with out-and-out pace, or out-and-out power, so the technical side of the game is something I have worked hours on end on. I feel that’s a big component of my game so I’ll never stop working on that.”

It's still a mystery to me how many players will go to enormous lengths to avoid using their 'wrong' foot. Practice makes perfect.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Great interview. The bloke is class on and off the field. Period.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don't think enough credit goes to our medical staff. Players who have had bad injuries coming back to play well or known as sicknotes elsewhere getting more minutes on the field with us.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can't remember who it was with, but AL did a great interview during lockdown – he comes across as a class act on and off the field. Well worth the investment and I'm sure he's played more minutes that almost everyone thought he would have done by now...

Edit: found it – possibly not in lockdown, looking at the dates. Maybe it just felt like it! Also with Laura Woods.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here