Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iconic moment yesterday

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Captain Dunk chasing Ismaila Sarr from the left touchline at the half-way line from 10 yards behind, catching him outside the area, giving away a free kick but centimetres away from winning the ball cleanly.
Captain Fantastic (and the brown dirt cowboy).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought Dunk looked almost back to his best, but still a little off the pace. That could easily have been a penalty

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Captain Dunk chasing Ismaila Sarr from the left touchline at the half-way line from 10 yards behind, catching him outside the area, giving away a free kick but centimetres away from winning the ball cleanly.
Captain Fantastic (and the brown dirt cowboy).

1. He was only 10 yards behind because he fell for the dummy in the first place
2. Great recovery run, but clumsy tackle that could very easily have been a penalty
3. It cost him a yellow, that very easily could have led to a red for a handball on halfway, not spotted / given
4. The incident you are talking about was Dennis, not Sarr. Sarr wasn’t even on the pitch.

Apart from that, yes, agree.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
2. Great recovery run, but clumsy tackle that could very easily have been a penalty
3. It cost him a yellow, that very easily could have led to a red for a handball on halfway, not spotted / given
4. The incident you are talking about was Dennis, not Sarr. Sarr wasn’t even on the pitch.

I don't agree about the tackle. Dennis (my mistake) turned across him and he was literally centimetres away from toeing the ball away.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What is remarkable is that the booking yesterday was the first Dunk has had all season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't agree about the tackle. Dennis (my mistake) turned across him and he was literally centimetres away from toeing the ball away.

Almost kicking the ball isn't the same as actually kicking the ball.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No he didn’t
Lampety hacked down all game only two yellows should of been four at least one of the worst refs in league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't agree. Yellow for the tackle on Lamptey not red. I agree it was a revenge tackle, but
it wasn't a leg-breaker come on.

Lampey himself later took someone out running back and got the same.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Veltman celebrating Webster's goal like a 6 year old in the playground.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

The fact that Les Dennis left him for dead (Dustin Gee style) at the halfway line and he still got back to snuff out the danger (albeit at the expense of a freekick) is what made it ICONIC in my eyes. Dunk doesn't have the pace of Lamptey but he flew back.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My two were THAT tackle by Veltman and Maupay tracking all the way back to make a tackle :thumbsup:

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mine were Lallana’s calm control throughout the match, Veltman’s class and aggression and Duffy’s joy at being part of the winning team.

Edit
Actually the iconic moment was the fantastic rendition of Go Left in the second half

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here