Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I think this team is the best I’ve seen in my 47 years. My only minor argument is with Sanchez. Just seems too flappy at corners and far to relaxed when releasing the ball with an on rushing centre forward. This is not a Moan just a genuine query. Could we get a better keeper or are we all happy with Sanchez ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Only Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea have lost fewer games. Plus only those sides plus Wolves have conceded fewer goals.

So at present, I’m happy with the keeper :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
His kicking has dropped off but he is without doubt the best goalie we have at the moment. I expect the Club would like to improve on our existing players in many positions.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
F1CB97AF-2E5B-4C8C-AE4B-E92BE947F4BC.jpeg

Saw that graph earlier, Sanchez really is in a league of his own when it comes to how he plays.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He’s a young goalkeeper the fact he even comes for all those crosses in such a physical league is impressive enough as it is, he gets it right most of the time.

He’s an exceptional young goalkeeper.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think he’s a little inconsistent, some games he looks prime-Schmeichel, the next he flaps more than a startled hen. Think he’s easily good enough though and will be great once he’s fully learned his trade.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think he has all the makings of a top 6 keeper who at 24 is still young for a top flight goalkeeper

Not a position I would be looking to spend any money in all the time we have him

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think this team is the best I’ve seen in my 47 years. My only minor argument is with Sanchez. Just seems too flappy at corners and far to relaxed when releasing the ball with an on rushing centre forward. This is not a Moan just a genuine query. Could we get a better keeper or are we all happy with Sanchez ?

He's only 24 years old, already good enough to play in the Premier League and be part of the Spain squad. I don't think binning him off for the occasional flap would be a sensible long term strategy.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think he’s a little inconsistent, some games he looks prime-Schmeichel, the next he flaps more than a startled hen. Think he’s easily good enough though and will be great once he’s fully learned his trade.

Exactly how I see it - he does make me feel nervous every game though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do love a ‘there must be SOMETHING I can moan about’ thread after a good win :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Probably 3-4 seasons away from being fully developed. We’re extremely lucky to have him and lucky we had a coach with the balls to drop an ever-present to start playing him as young as he did. Enjoy him while you can, he’ll be off to a ‘big club’ all too soon.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly how I see it - he does make me feel nervous every game though.

In which case....you need to be on benzodiazepines, mate :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think it's fair to say he hasn't hit the heights of last season in terms of form, but no chance (and rightly so) of us trying to replace him. Still very young for a 'keeper and will only get better and better with experience.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

He’s still very young.

I think the flappy comment is harsh, he took some excellent crosses in the second half - there was one occasion in the first half when he got a weak fist on it, but it was a great delivery, and he had four players around him.

My heart does race when he’s being closed down with the ball at his feet though 😃

Big upgrade on Ryan and hopefully our starter for many years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The boy has had a mentals 12-18 months since his last game with Rochdale.

That's ROCHDALE.

In 10 years time - when Bob is approaching the peak age for a keeper, we'll look back at a thread dismissing him and laugh.

Well when I say laugh obviously I mean weep in despair at the stupidity of NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here