Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could we...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
...finish above Man Utd in the league?

Yes it's a long shot, but we're 7 points behind with a game in hand. If we win there in the week, it's on isn't it?

They really aren't all that.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Win our games in hand, do the double over them and match their results for the rest of the season, then yes we will.

In reality, no. But considering we've never finished above them in our entire history, the fact we're having this conversation is nice :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Way, way, way, ahead of yourself. It's nice to dream but like posted above, we would have to do the double over them, plus win our game in hand, then match their results for the rest of the season.

Tough, tough ask, but not entirely impossible.

It's good to be in this position to even be talking about it.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Probably not but we are a better team them they are.

(Always helps to be given a penalty nearly every other game)

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
...finish above Man Utd in the league?

Yes it's a long shot, but we're 7 points behind with a game in hand. If we win there in the week, it's on isn't it?

They really aren't all that.

The same thought did occur to me earlier. We probably won’t but it’s nice to dream.

Does this make Tuesday’s game a 6 pointer?!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Way, way, way, ahead of yourself. It's nice to dream but like posted above, we would have to do the double over them, plus win our game in hand, then match their results for the rest of the season.

Tough, tough ask, but not entirely impossible.

It's good to be in this position to even be talking about it.

Yeah, like I said, it’s a long shot. Thought occurred really because the gap is the same as us to Palace (albeit we also have a game in hand over them), and who among us doesn’t harbour that nagging feeling that somehow…

theboybilly

Yeah, like I said, it’s a long shot. Thought occurred really because the gap is the same as us to Palace (albeit we also have a game in hand over them), and who among us doesn’t harbour that nagging feeling that somehow…

Palace will finish above us, you can count on that. Olise and Eze are Rolls Royce players - they've told us enough times. There is no striker better than Eddie and that Back Four is the stuff of dreams. The Galacticos come to South Norwood. Meanwhile back in the real world Palace are still looking over their shoulders. I don't think they'll go down, of course I don't..... but wouldn't it be something after all their hubris?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We struggled to do that on more occasions than I care to remember…..

Remember going there for the FA cup game and thinking ' oh well,at least it will be a good day out'

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Win our games in hand, do the double over them and match their results for the rest of the season, then yes we will.

In reality, no. But considering we've never finished above them in our entire history, the fact we're having this conversation is nice :)

All of this. Yes it's a nice conversation to have, but we still have nearly half the season to go, and as well as we are currently doing, (and we are . . . we really are!), l think there's a tendency to get a little carried away.

Let's just enjoy the slow but steady progress that we are making.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we beat them then I can see us finishing 8th yes (and missing out on Europe but with a chance to kick on the following season if we can retain key players). Would be quite the success to do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am a long time Brighton fan so reading the stat that Ronaldo hasn’t scored for 6 games is a worry :smile:

The great stat is they have taken the lead and been pegged back in their last two games.

Will we finish above them? Tall order but with the way we have been improving and they have been stuttering, yes yes we can.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Could? Yes
Will? Probably not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here