Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Macron's DNA

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Reading this morning that Macron refused to do a Russian PCR test before meeting Putin because they didn't want the Russian's getting hold of his DNA. I've heard before about world leaders when visiting other countries using their own sealed toilet units so their poo isn't taken for analysis by other states looking for health-based vulnerabilities and even bedsheets brought with them and taken away after to avoid hair samples being left behind for the same reason, but - and this may be massively ignorant of me about what DNA can show - why would DNA be a risk beyond revealing, perhaps, any hereditary issues?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
obviously for making clones, can then replace the real person.
if Russia want his DNA, they already have it.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Reading this morning that Macron refused to do a Russian PCR test before meeting Putin because they didn't want the Russian's getting hold of his DNA. I've heard before about world leaders when visiting other countries using their own sealed toilet units so their poo isn't taken for analysis by other states looking for health-based vulnerabilities and even bedsheets brought with them and taken away after to avoid hair samples being left behind for the same reason, but - and this may be massively ignorant of me about what DNA can show - why would DNA be a risk beyond revealing, perhaps, any hereditary issues?

To implicate you in a crime?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I hope Liz Truss reads the article about this.

More likely it was our security services who alerted the French to the dangers lurking in Moscow.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

There will be a day when you can create biological weapons directed at those with certain similarities in their DNA, or find out personal traits and weaknesses through DNA. Most of who and what we are is possible to understand when we improve our ability to decipher the code.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope Liz Truss reads the article about this.

More likely it was our security services who alerted the French to the dangers lurking in Moscow.

I wouldn't trust Liz Truss to spell DNA, never mind this

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There will be a day when you can create biological weapons directed at those with certain similarities in their DNA, or find out personal traits and weaknesses through DNA. Most of who and what we are is possible to understand when we improve our ability to decipher the code.

Usually your tentative ventures into the world of science are positively L Ron Hubbardesque, but on this occasion you are word perfect.

The post above about cloning is interesting, but cloning a leader has one major drawback - for the clone to resemble a 40 year old president, it will take, er, 40 years (for the clone to grow). Cloning humans to game a population is utter madness because they can't breed (with one another) as the risk of heritable diseases becomes manifest (vide the disproportionate preponderance of birth defects with 'cousin marriages').

I think that, in the present case, of course Putin would like to harvest the DNA of world leaders, and of course he would invest to see what sort of mischief he might engineer. Its what he does. :shrug:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting.

When I heard that Macron refused a Russian test, I was on the assumption that it was to do with not wanting to risk the possibility of being 'poisoned'. By using a test supplied by his own team, that risk is dramatically reduced.

As has been said, I thought it would be easy to get his DNA once he has been in a room (for those that know how to do these things).

[EDIT] Maybe Putin saw the latest Bond film and is building a DNA-specific super-weapon. :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Russian tourists can spray nerve agent over Salisbury it would be relatively easy to plant DNA on a crime scene and the "no smoke without fire" crew would be all over it. Not what he'd need with an election looming.

Usually your tentative ventures into the world of science are positively L Ron Hubbardesque, but on this occasion you are word perfect.

The post above about cloning is interesting, but cloning a leader has one major drawback - for the clone to resemble a 40 year old president, it will take, er, 40 years (for the clone to grow). Cloning humans to game a population is utter madness because they can't breed (with one another) as the risk of heritable diseases becomes manifest (vide the disproportionate preponderance of birth defects with 'cousin marriages').

I think that, in the present case, of course Putin would like to harvest the DNA of world leaders, and of course he would invest to see what sort of mischief he might engineer. Its what he does. :shrug:

They need not bother cloning Johnson. Just get a blonde haired two year old to substitute - nobody would notice the difference.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Not so much Macron, more his security team who vetoed the test.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Early Russian attempts to clone Boris Johnson resulted in The Michael Fabricant v1.0 prototype. Hopefully they'll give it up as a bad job and won't attempt a v1.1

2019-01-29T140500Z_212744029_MT1WENN35937973_RTRMADP_3_WENN-NEWS-20190129-NEWS-BREXIT-PROTESTERS.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine if, while the Russians were testing Macron's DNA, it didn't shrug?
Or what if there was absolutely no sign of Brie, even on a molecular level?

Macron would be forced to sign over all onions, bicycles and burnt sheep, before night fell, just to keep his little secret.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
No probs, happy to help.

Your contribution was especially appreciated. I was reflecting that it didn't even occur to me to post the question on any other website but this one partly because I knew someone here would have the answer (or at least a very plausible one) and partly because I'd find a stream of deadly serious answers entirely dull and knew I'd get some fun responses too!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Putin and most world leaders, past and present, have a Panini World Leader DNA album, and Macron is just stopping Putin getting his, unless Putin will let Macron have his, swappsies will probably occur after negotiations at the highest level.
Trump is the only one to have Kim Jong Un so far, which is the real reason why Biden hates him so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here