Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Martinelli sent off

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Whats this about i hear you ask ?
Unusually he committed two bookable offences in one phase of play . Ref waved play on after first and stopped play after second then showed him the yellow card twice while pointing at the location of each offence before finally pulling the red out ! Martinelli's face was an absolute picture !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whats this about i hear you ask ?
Unusually he committed two bookable offences in one phase of play . Ref waved play on after first and stopped play after second then showed him the yellow card twice while pointing at the location of each offence before finally pulling the red out ! Martinelli's face was an absolute picture !

Didn't he get two yellows in two minutes against city last month?

Edit: Gabriel, not Gabriel Martinelli last month.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep absolutely correct decision, well done Michael Oliver. Martinelli obviously had discipline issues

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He even admitted that they were both yellow cards " in isolation " but then tried to argue the ref should have stopped the game to award the first yellow and as he hadn't it was unfair on the player !!!!! :facepalm:

Yep…can be a tad blinkered when the discussion is about an Arsenal player ….wondering if he’s on TS tomorrow trying to do the same up against Simon Jordan :moo:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He even admitted that they were both yellow cards " in isolation " but then tried to argue the ref should have stopped the game to award the first yellow and as he hadn't it was unfair on the player !!!!! :facepalm:

Seems harsh to me, if the player knows they are on a yellow, they probably don't commit the foul that resulted in the 2nd moments later

Besides you'll often see worse by players who don't wet booked, and then there are those on yellow already and commit a 2nd yellow card offense only for the ref to decide a word is all it needs as they are reluctant to send someone off (time left in the match seems to play a part in this decision making too)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Lots of Arse fans complaining on socials earlier but seemed perfectly fine to me. Unusual but fair and wish we’d see firmer refs regularly for stuff like this and penalties when people holding at corners so the norm. goes back to where it should be.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Besides you'll often see worse by players who don't wet booked, and then there are those on yellow already and commit a 2nd yellow card offense only for the ref to decide a word is all it needs as they are reluctant to send someone off (time left in the match seems to play a part in this decision making too)

Flooded basements. Wet books. Musty books. Not good. As water receded from Chicago's weekend flood, many residents were left drying out their homes and household items, including their books.

Here's how to save a wet book:

First, get the book to a dry place as soon as possible. Blot the cover and pages with paper towels. Don't wipe the cover or pages as the pulp fibers are soft and can easily shred or fall apart when wet. Just press firmly with the book on a solid (hopefully covered) surface.

Once paper towels no longer seem to be absorbing moisture from the book, place the book upright with pages fanned out and allow to air dry for several days, ideally in a well-lit and airy spot. For only slightly damp books, this is often sufficient to dry the book and avoid mildew and mold from forming in the book's binding.

For a more thorough effort, allow the book to air dry (or mostly air dry) upright, then with the book lying flat and open to a wet page, place a tissue over the page and press with a low iron. Repeat with each wet page. After ironing pages sufficiently, allow the book to stand upright and open for several more days to ensure the binding also dries completely. The iron method also works to smooth warped pages from books that have been allowed to air dry.

However, if the book is very valuable I recommend seeking out the help of an archival preservation expert. Such expertise can be costly, but such experts can access chemical solutions, tools and other weapons to save important books.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Terrible referring - should have been 3 yellows.

1 - throw in push.
2 - foul.
3 - ...

... Haircut.

Stumpy Tim

Seems harsh to me too. The second wasn't a booking in my eyes. I have no problem with what the ref did in terms of two yellow cards so quickly, but the second just didn't seem an offence strong enough to warrant a second yellow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here