Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kurt Zouma

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Couldn't get the video to play?

Confession time: when I was 19 I kicked our cat once. And I have spent the last 30 years feeling guilty about it. Never forgotten what I did in a fit of annoyance. I loved that cat. I treat my own (rescue) cat like a queen.

Hopefully, it was a one off and he'll live and learn too.

I put one of ours in a tub of (cold) water and watched it struggle out in similar circumstances when I was much older than 19. Nobody else knew. Close to 30 years ago too and still feel ashamed.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If I were a professional footballer playing for West Ham, I would have to have a word with him in the dressing room. If there was no contrition, I'd go completely Jack Reacher on the ****.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The blokes career in the UK is finished.You just can't do that sort of thing and rightly so. He would just be a massive distraction for the club forever and the hostility at away games would be huge. Best to offload him now and take the financial hit if they can get any other team to take him on

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
When I was a kid, we had a cat who absolutely loved being slid across the kitchen floor. All I had to do was squat and he'd miaow and come running, flopping at my feet so I could give him a push that would slide him across the floor; he'd then immediately run back and demand that I did it again. (He was quite a weird cat: Another thing he'd frequently demand is to be spun on the office chair til he got dizzy, he'd jump up on the chair and scream until someone started spinning him.)

So, when I saw this headline, I assumed it was probably something similar and he just used his foot for the sliding, rather than his hands as I used to with our Charlie. But it wasn't like that at all, and I'm genuinely a bit upset by what I saw.

If anyone's curious, Charlie's the posh-looking cat in this gallery. Most of those pics were nearer the end of his ridiculously long life (we got him when I was 16, and I was 37 or 38 when he died). And yes, one of them is him on the office chair in question.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The blokes career in the UK is finished.You just can't do that sort of thing and rightly so. He would just be a massive distraction for the club forever and the hostility at away games would be huge. Best to offload him now and take the financial hit if they can get any other team to take him on

I’m not sure it will pan out quite like that……( It should. ) Convicted rapists come back.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The blokes career in the UK is finished. You just can't do that sort of thing and rightly so. He would just be a massive distraction for the club forever and the hostility at away games would be huge. Best to offload him now and take the financial hit if they can get any other team to take him on

I dont think so. If Eden Hazard can kick a ball boy and get back to business, Zouma can kick a cat. It will be "bla bla learned from this and bla bla had a long talk with him" and he'll be playing again. Right or wrong, dunno, but I really think that is what is going to happen. They wont bin their Champions League challenge because of Zouma kicking a cat.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really hope the RSPCA make an example of him and do what that can to the highest level. Fingers crossed the West Ham fans show him their feelings at the next game as well

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s disgusting but what makes it worse is the pathetic non apology this snivelling nincompoop comes out with, we love the cat, isolated incident blablabla, you don’t film yourself kicking your cat then plaster it over social media if you’re ashamed of the act, my bet is he’s been kicking the poor thing around for quite a while.

Not much makes me more angry than violence towards innocent animals, but his ‘statement’ made it even worse, low life.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What is it with West Ham and animal abuse? First "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" and now this. :angry:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

"That's very bad of him though but cultures are different. Can't totally blame him" !!!!

You feckin what, cultures ? piss off, you know kicking an animal is wrong in any language in any country.

"the way he treated the cat was bad but do we know what the cat do ? No, so that's why I can't blame him"

So in his second reply from the same guy, he has gone from not totally blaming him, to not blaming him at all...

people are just plain crazy fecktards

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

I have no idea if this is serious or not. It's the most melodramatic reaction by a distance if it is.

Obviously, his career isn't over. He won't be signed by the Albion any time soon, no way he would pass any kind of personality test and we prefer to grow our own defenders anyway. But a career ended by abusing an animal? No chance, let's keep things a little in perspective.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And yet the Met refuses to investigate. Why? Is it because they are tying up all their resources in investigating the Johnson parties that will take "less than a year" at a cost of many millions?

What message does the Met's inaction send out? "You can abuse animals as you see fit - we don't give a shit"??

And does anybody expect the dildo brothers to sanction Zouma? Of course not or they wouldn't already be hushing it up "in house".

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
His career is in no way over. West Ham paid £30m for him, they are going to give him a ticking off and will maybe consider "not considering him for selection" for one game.

After that it will soon be forgotten about

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And yet the Met refuses to investigate. Why? Is it because they are tying up all their resources in investigating the Johnson parties that will take "less than a year" at a cost of many millions?

What message does the Met's inaction send out? "You can abuse animals as you see fit - we don't give a shit"??

And does anybody expect the dildo brothers to sanction Zouma? Of course not or they wouldn't already be hushing it up "in house".

Well yes, especially when there's no real investigation work to be done as they have a video of him committing the crime.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Says the wildlife photographer with a badger as their avatar.

Odd

I honestly don't know what those things mean in context to the part of my message you quoted. I'm against animal abuse, especially cats - I love this little guys and have had a dozen during my lifetime and treated them better than my children at times (for better and worse). But I don't think being a dick to a cat is a reason to lose a career. Should any of the posters admitting to one off blunders be permanently banned from the site for their shocking acts of cruelty? No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here