Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Overmars

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

He could, but what would be hilarious is Newcastle now go and get him (their alleged first target who turned them down) and bin off Ashworth before he even starts.

He'd fit right in as well, whats a few lewd texts when the competion is murder, dismembering journalists and genocide in neighbouring countries.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ajax fans worship him. Would be an amazing appointment

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For me it depends on the seriosity of those text messages he wrote to colleagues. If they are real scumbaggy, **** him, but if it is a minor overstep and something to learn from, of course he should have another chance.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
For me it depends on the seriosity of those text messages he wrote to colleagues. If they are real scumbaggy, **** him, but if it is a minor overstep and something to learn from, of course he should have another chance.

At the risk of opening myself up to accusations of cultural stereotyping ... It was regarded as too much for a club based in Amsterdam ... and, given that they've been doing pretty well of late ... I'm going to assume it was probably pretty scumbaggy (love that word).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the risk of opening myself up to accusations of cultural stereotyping ... It was regarded as too much for a club based in Amsterdam ... and, given that they've been doing pretty well of late ... I'm going to assume it was probably pretty scumbaggy (love that word).

Yep he's offended Dutch Doris'.

I doubt I have even the imagination to manage that, let alone text it to said Doris.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Overmars said he was suprised that he had overstepped the mark but accepted he had to resign. So will be interesting to see what it is.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You've just got to love the double standards displayed on NSC sometimes!

You’ve just got to love NSC, such a wide spectrum of people and interests. Fabulous, complete dickheads through to eloquent mega brains with some wonderful comedians thrown in. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve laughed out loud at things on here with more than a few “WHAT?” moments too.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
He could, but what would be hilarious is Newcastle now go and get him (their alleged first target who turned them down) and bin off Ashworth before he even starts.

He'd fit right in as well, whats a few lewd texts when the competion is murder, dismembering journalists and genocide in neighbouring countries.

Did I miss something? Does Ashworth have an agreed start date with Newcastle?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Did I miss something? Does Ashworth have an agreed start date with Newcastle?

No, he's resigned from the Albion. We have put him on gardening leave to see out his contract, so he's unable to join them until that finishes, and they've not yet announced him officially, though all press say that he is going to Newcastle.

But all this happenned yesterday/today and then Overmaars leaves Ajax hours later. It was no secret that newcastle enquired about Overmaars, and many reports suggested he was their first target, but he turned it down (no idea if that is true, but was reported).

Just suggesting it would be funny now if they went again for the now very much available Overmaars and binned off Dan CashWorth before he's even started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here