Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need good news

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Wouldn't it be lovely if we could get 1 or 2 players signing contract extensions this week or even next week

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I suspect that for the forseeable future, the club is going to have a fight on its hands to protect its most valuable assets. Dan Ashworth is a blow, and we'll also be disappointed if we lose Biss, Lamptey or Webster in the summer. Possibly even Graham Potter.

We just need to hope we hang on to the right personnel to keep the conveyor belt of new talent moving. That in itself will depend on us retaining the services of key people in our coaching and recruitment teams, as well as other tiers of the business.

Luckily for us we have a number of "constants" that should insulate us a little bit. The ownership structure, the training facility, the stadium are things that no one can steal from us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mac Allister is my top wish for a new deal. Then Trossard and Maupay. I think Bissouma is gone and I've come to terms with that.

And let's get Welbeck signed before the end of the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mac Allister is my top wish for a new deal. Then Trossard and Maupay. I think Bissouma is gone and I've come to terms with that.

And let's get Welbeck signed before the end of the season.

I think Trossard's stock has risen considerably this season, l am starting to think we ought to start planning for a future without him.

Bigger fish than us will undoubtably be in for him come the summer window.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh we're doing brilliantly in the league and as a club of course .....

But it's not been a great week

Out of the cup
u23's got stuffed
Women's team likewise
Lost a top player to a dislikeable rival club
Lost our technical director to the same club, with who knows what ramifications for further losses

So, yes. "Lamptey signs 6 year contract extension" would be the sort of article which would really cheer me up if it appeared on the club site

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How are we ever going to get the quality players to commit when the club don’t commit to signing some quality upfront? It’s a hard sell at the moment.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
AC to return in the summer!? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How are we ever going to get the quality players to commit when the club don’t commit to signing some quality upfront? It’s a hard sell at the moment.

I take your point, and l'm on your side, we still crave that proven goalscorer, but playing devil's advocate, as l'm often prone to do, how can complain about currently standing 9th in the Premier League?

The team as a whole have certainly exceeded my expectations so far this season, new striker or no new striker.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just a thought. I wonder how much Ashworth enjoyed working with/for Paul Barber and if this was a factor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here