Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well Done Spurs

el punal

Yes, you deserved to win. Yes, you have a superb stadium. Yes, you have a wonderful history. Yes, you do a lot of daring and doing. But for the love of God and all that is holy will your fans please shut the f*** up chanting “Y*d Arrrmeee!” . Everywhere I went yesterday, Liverpool Street station, Northumberland Park, in the pubs, at the ground, on the the trains, anywhere and everywhere some Tottenham drone would start the excruciating chant joined in by the rest of the numpties. Enough already, my life! :rant:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Your recounting of narrative is seemed to be below mean temperature, my male sibling.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Yes well done to Spurs who took full advantage of our defensive errors and are beginning to look far better than earlier in the season.

In addition to the OP's comment can I add the funeral procession speed of "When the Spurs Go Marching In" which sounds about as motivating as the shipping forecast. Added to this "Stand Up If You Hate Arsenal" and you have the most unoriginal and depressing songbook in the Premier League.

But the most annoying thing was the constant flashing three rows of scrolling advertising half way up each stand on the side of the stadium.
It was like trying to watch a football match in a disco.

Nice stadium, but it feels like they've built St.Peter's Basilica in Moulescoomb.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The only truly Impressive stadium in the country. Pisses all over Old Trafford, Wembley and the rest in this country.

But as previously mentioned complete dullard fans and songs to match.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
In addition to the OP's comment can I add the funeral procession speed of "When the Spurs Go Marching In" which sounds about as motivating as the shipping forecast. Added to this "Stand Up If You Hate Arsenal" and you have the most unoriginal and depressing songbook in the Premier League

:lolol:
I’m glad you mentioned this as “when the Spurs go marching in” sounded absolutely shite on the tv, I really hate that song.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
:lolol:
I’m glad you mentioned this as “when the Spurs go marching in” sounded absolutely shite on the tv, I really hate that song.

Why do they sing it as though it's their song? It is indeed truly awful but at least when Soton sing it it makes some kind of sense.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
In addition to the OP's comment can I add the funeral procession speed of "When the Spurs Go Marching In" which sounds about as motivating as the shipping forecast. Added to this "Stand Up If You Hate Arsenal" and you have the most unoriginal and depressing songbook in the Premier League.

Not a patch on "Stand Up if you Hate Palace" or the soul rousing, call to arms of "Albiiiiiionnnnn, Albiiiiionnnnn!" :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Why do they sing it as though it's their song? It is indeed truly awful but at least when Soton sing it it makes some kind of sense.

They have sung it for 50 or 60 years to my certain knowledge, probably a lot longer

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Blimey, thought everyone knew Spurs have been singing Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur for eons, probably back to the Bill Nicholson days.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Blimey, thought everyone knew Spurs have been singing Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur for eons, probably back to the Bill Nicholson days.

Probably back to when they had some glory :shrug: We should have Gory Gory because we've had some of those!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, you deserved to win. Yes, you have a superb stadium. Yes, you have a wonderful history. Yes, you do a lot of daring and doing. But for the love of God and all that is holy will your fans please shut the f*** up chanting “Y*d Arrrmeee!” . Everywhere I went yesterday, Liverpool Street station, Northumberland Park, in the pubs, at the ground, on the the trains, anywhere and everywhere some Tottenham drone would start the excruciating chant joined in by the rest of the numpties. Enough already, my life! :rant:

Is that really so different to Brighton fans singing verse after verse of GOSBTS, or endlessly chanting Albion! Albion! Albion! over and over? :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hold on people are moaning that a song is being sung to slow :facepalm: my god I would absolutely love it if our fans would get criticism for singing SBTS too slow

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Hold on people are moaning that a song is being sung to slow :facepalm: my god I would absolutely love it if our fans would get criticism for singing SBTS too slow

“Albion, Albion, Albion…..” used to be sung much slower than now! I liked it that way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here