Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water bills in England and Wales to rise from April

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Households can expect their water bills to rise to an average of almost £420 a year from April, compounding a record rise in energy costs and an increase in national insurance contributions that are due in the same month.

Bills will rise by 1.7% in England and Wales from April, according to the industry body Water UK, pushing up the typical annual bill by roughly £7 to £419 a year."

Fasten your seat belts, everything's going up

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Households can expect their water bills to rise to an average of almost £420 a year from April, compounding a record rise in energy costs and an increase in national insurance contributions that are due in the same month.

Bills will rise by 1.7% in England and Wales from April, according to the industry body Water UK, pushing up the typical annual bill by roughly £7 to £419 a year."

Ah…some good news for the older male, at last :wink:

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I don't know how Southern Water can have the nerve to put any prices up but then again I suppose they've got to pay for their serial pollution fines somehow.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I don't know how Southern Water can have the nerve to put any prices up but then again I suppose they've got to pay for their serial pollution fines somehow.

Will nobody think of the shareholders??

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Christ, with inflation heading for 7% you are going to be posting one hell of a lot of these bloomin obvious bulletins! What is surprising is it's not more!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Daylight robbery especially when raw sewage is being pumped into the sea and rivers.

Just to upset some on here, I knew we imported the chemicals for water purification from Europe, but when I mentioned it a few years back, it was project fear.

Sorry, not sorry!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1.7% is way below general inflation, staff will get pay rises, that’s modest by their standards.

In 1994 I paid Southern Water £14 per month, in real terms that’s now £30.

In reality now paying £60!

I might one day look at their units prices.

Southern Water live in their own world, a classic monopoly. OFWAT listen to the “investment/stopping leaks” spiel and rubber stamp the never ending price rises.

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
which one of Johnson's chums owns Southern Water then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here