Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Forget closing down NSC for Apple releases… can we shut it down for a much bigger deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The release of the Alfa Romeo Tonale hybrid

08 Feb at 0900 :smile:

47DB6045-DE89-4724-995F-1344632168FC.jpeg

This is a genuinely big deal…to me anyway, it’s only been three years in the making :lolol:

https://youtu.be/tJq6aqJFSZQ

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
3 years in making yet the best name they could think of is the Alfa Romeo Toenail ?!

FFS :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
3 years in making yet the best name they could think of is the Alfa Romeo Toenail ?!

FFS :facepalm:

Tonale Pass is in a mountain range, like the Stelvio :rolleyes:

I could go all Crodo on this

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It’s an Alfa, it will be gorgeous.

It is also utterly irrelevant as it is reliant on Italian electrics.

It will also breakdown as it is an Alfa.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

:lol::lol::lol:

If you had said 80’s I would have said yes please.

I had a 156 in the 90’s, brave discs being replaced at 30k miles, repeatedly.

Have owned 3 Italian motorcycles. One of the Ducati’s was known for blowing its reg/recs far too early. The original was Italian, the replacement Japanese. The alarm system/immobiliser on one of the others cut in whilst the vehicle was in use on more than one occasion. Apparently this could not happen???

Audi may have made a difference, but an Italian electric car? I would not be an early adopter.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:lol::lol::lol:

If you had said 80’s I would have said yes please.

I had a 156 in the 90’s, brave discs being replaced at 30k miles, repeatedly.

Have owned 3 Italian motorcycles. One of the Ducati’s was known for blowing its reg/recs far too early. The original was Italian, the replacement Japanese. The alarm system/immobiliser on one of the others cut in whilst the vehicle was in use on more than one occasion. Apparently this could not happen???

Audi may have made a difference, but an Italian electric car? I would not be an early adopter.

Maybe a Tesla is for you? :lolol:

https://www.businessinsider.com/tes...nsumer-reports-satisfaction-2021-11?r=US&IR=T

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As a 2 Alfa household we have been massively disappointed by this development.

A proper hybrid estate car would mean the perfect all rounder and we'd only need 1 car, this monstrosity just devalues the brand. It looks like all the other crap out there.

as it is the Giulia is soon to be moving on, I have found another Subaru wagon for a race tender, now cycling to work . . . and Mrs Zef Alfa may/may-not get replaced as it's done 90k miles now.

all new cars are just generic shiny plastic turds now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As a 2 Alfa household we have been massively disappointed by this development.

A proper hybrid estate car would mean the perfect all rounder and we'd only need 1 car, this monstrosity just devalues the brand. It looks like all the other crap out there.

as it is the Giulia is soon to be moving on, I have found another Subaru wagon for a race tender, now cycling to work . . . and Mrs Zef Alfa may/may-not get replaced as it's done 90k miles now.

all new cars are just generic shiny plastic turds now.

Sadly car makers have moved away from estates and into SUVs, it’s not just Alfa. They must know something we don’t, as I would always go for an estate over an SUV :down:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have they finally got round to putting the front number plate in the proper place (like the front)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here