Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs for Spurs

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wanting somewhere close to the ground as will have littlens with us & not getting train etc - just food and couple of drinks…Bit of away atmosphere would be a plus…

Did some research - suggests the away pub the Elmhurst has closed down - as has the Irish Centre - both away friendly.

The Antwerp arms was one that I saw that could allow away fans - seems a little small though…

Anyone got plans / recommendations?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wanting somewhere close to the ground as will have littlens with us & not getting train etc - just food and couple of drinks…Bit of away atmosphere would be a plus…

The Antwerp arms was one that I saw that could allow away fans - seems a little small though…

Yes, but who the heck wants to go to Belgium for a pre match drink?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad I saw your post as I would have probably headed for the Irish Centre.

Yeh I’m pretty sure it’s shut from a google - could always be wrong of course!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If my memory serves me right the very nice stadium is in a pretty rough area best avoided. Head on into the ground and I'm sure you and your kids will be entertained by the the rapid pour pints that fill from the bottom up!

Why haven't we got them? Barber out! :)

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

Did some research - suggests the away pub the Elmhurst has closed down - as has the Irish Centre - both away friendly.

I went to the Antwerp last time, it was ok until it began to fill up with Spurs fans, then they put Chas 'n' Dave on the sound system. Time to move outside and sit in the park opposite.
No problems there though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If my memory serves me right the very nice stadium is in a pretty rough area best avoided. Head on into the ground and I'm sure you and your kids will be entertained by the the rapid pour pints that fill from the bottom up!

Why haven't we got them? Barber out! :)

Because we wouldn’t be allowed to have the caps at the bottom which pop up, so it’d spill all over the floor

el punal

I’m taking my grandson with me for this one. I’ve done a bit of research re.eating/drinking. We intend to go to one of the pubs around Liverpool Street station - there’s a ‘Spoons pub actually in the station. From LS it’s a hop on the train to Northumberland Park or White Hart Lane. At Tottenham Hale I believe there are some new retail outlets with the usual burger and pizza joints. About 20 minutes walk to the ground from there.

From my last visit to Tottenham I can’t say say that it looks very welcoming hence the above choices. Best of luck! :drink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m taking my grandson with me for this one. I’ve done a bit of research re.eating/drinking. We intend to go to one of the pubs around Liverpool Street station - there’s a ‘Spoons pub actually in the station. From LS it’s a hop on the train to Northumberland Park or White Hart Lane. At Tottenham Hale I believe there are some new retail outlets with the usual burger and pizza joints. About 20 minutes walk to the ground from there.

From my last visit to Tottenham I can’t say say that it looks very welcoming hence the above choices. Best of luck! :drink:

Thanks matey - as we’ve got a hotel 2 miles from ground we’re a bit limited! So am thinking the Antwerp as it’s not too far for littlen to walk!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Watch out on the way back as I think Northumberland pk closes at 8pm on Saturdays.

Edit. Just checked and seems there are trains running.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here