Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] PDF to Word editable text converter?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sorry for the incredibly boring thread but I'm not great with IT and as I know there are a number of IT experts on NSC, I was hoping for some assistance!

As the title suggests, I need to convert some locked PDF documents to Word with editable text rather than just converting them to images. I can't seem to find anything on Google that works for free. Any suggestions? Or is it something you have to sign up and pay for?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
https://www.pdftoword.com/

I’ve used this before, not sure if it will work on password locked files though and it does have some page/file size limit so may not be suitable for everything. But it’s worth a try.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my memory is the free ones are poor. the one i used in past doesnt seem available anymore (and i cant quite recall, pdf360 i thought). if the PDF is not supposed to be edited it may not be possible unless you get into some techy tools

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Acrobat Pro.

This.

Pretty much the purpose of PDF documents is to create something small and portable that can't be edited.

Adobe Acrobat Pro is specifically created to undo the compression and locking that Adobe Reader won't do. Everything else will in some way be inferior.

There are OCR apps that will read text but won't keep pictures and I've run some on entire book-sized docs but it is far from ideal.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You could always retype the text in Word

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I use this site for various pdf conversions, compressing and stuff. Might do what you need to do.

https://smallpdf.com/pdf-converter

There are plenty of online places you can get the password/protection removed from your pdf too.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Sorry for the incredibly boring thread but I'm not great with IT and as I know there are a number of IT experts on NSC, I was hoping for some assistance!

As the title suggests, I need to convert some locked PDF documents to Word with editable text rather than just converting them to images. I can't seem to find anything on Google that works for free. Any suggestions? Or is it something you have to sign up and pay for?

Also need to unlock some pdfs so very useful thread. Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here