Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT enters final stage of talks to offload Premier League rights

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Just paid £5 to get on a big screen, least I can get it refunded.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt this will just mean more cost for the viewer, as the sporting rights are fragmented even further.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I refuse to line the pockets of Sky, BT, Dazn or whoever so little difference to me. Yes, I do catch the odd match in a pub if I'm out, but the streamers can do one as far as I'm concerned.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The DAZN takeover of BT Sport is off as of this morning. DAZN have pulled out.

It now looks as if Discovery will buy it up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't care who the supplier is, as long as they keep the expertise of Peter Walton on the commentary team so they can ask him if he agrees with the ref's decision.....which he will.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really is a joke the way the rights are split across multiple providers in the UK, total price is just crazy...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't care who the supplier is, as long as they keep the expertise of Peter Walton on the commentary team so they can ask him if he agrees with the ref's decision.....which he will.

:lolol::lolol:

Funny isn't it. Ever since I've been watching football, the mantra "all we want is consistency" has been trotted out by pundits everywhere. Then the minute they get a referee in the studio, there isn't a single disagreement from him over the decision. Ever.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Genuinely surprised Amazon haven't gone in large here.

It's a no-brainer for them surely? Buying up more of the Premier League pie would only drive up subscribers to their Prime service wouldn't it?

Would solve a lot of their issues with lagging service via streaming - would have a 'live' stream and multiple channels to broadcast.

Good place to show their sports documentaries too, some of which are excellent.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Would solve a lot of their issues with lagging service via streaming - would have a 'live' stream and multiple channels to broadcast.

Good place to show their sports documentaries too, some of which are excellent.
What issues with streaming do Amazon have? They broadcast flawlessly in 4k for me.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
What issues with streaming do Amazon have? They broadcast flawlessly in 4k for me.

AWS is an amazing platform for reliability, so reliable in-fact that Netflix actually use Amazon to host their services. Bad company morally, but they do offer an amazing service. Anyone with issues probably have local network problems to troubleshoot.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That is not a fault of Amazon nor any other streaming platform. That is a feature of ALL streaming platforms.

Indeed, hence my point if they took over the BT coverage it would become effectively live and remove most of the delay.

I guess this is something that Sky have considered with their Sky Glass service to look at ways to remove the latency. I also saw that Amazon were aiming for a 5 second max latency on their coverage, but will obviously depend on how people are streaming.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Indeed, hence my point if they took over the BT coverage it would become effectively live and remove most of the delay.

I guess this is something that Sky have considered with their Sky Glass service to look at ways to remove the latency. I also saw that Amazon were aiming for a 5 second max latency on their coverage, but will obviously depend on how people are streaming.
Amazon is on average about 10 second delay to real time for me which is incredible no other streaming gets close. I've had games where it's been about 5 seconds. Would be great if they got more EPL games.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here