Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Baggies bag Bruce?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Looks like Steve Bruce is the new Baggies manager.

How funny would it be to see the Baggies promoted and Newcastle relegated.:lol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could see it happening. Could also see it working out reasonably well, Bruce knows the league and the squad appears to be one that fits his "style" of football.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It’ll be Bruce’s 11th club as manager.

I like him as a bloke, seems a nice fella, and let’s not forget how he left Palace in the cack, but, how has he held 11 managers jobs?

His agent must be the best in the business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’ll be Bruce’s 11th club as manager.

I like him as a bloke, seems a nice fella, and let’s not forget how he left Palace in the cack, but, how has he held 11 managers jobs?

His agent must be the best in the business.

Hodgson's agent is currently somewhere wiping tea from a screen.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Probably be the first man to manage all three Birmingham clubs.

To be geographically pedantic, West Bromwich Albion is not technically a BIrmingham club, and Aston only became part of Birmingham approximately 50 years after they were formed.

But that aside, Ron Saunders also managed all of those clubs previously.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Probably be the first man to manage all three Birmingham clubs.

To be geographically pedantic, West Bromwich Albion is not technically a BIrmingham club, and Aston only became part of Birmingham approximately 50 years after they were formed.

Yeah, don't try telling anyone from West Brom that they are from Birmingham... :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You knew what l meant! :mad:

Wasn't aware re Ron Saunders though.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Hmmm happy enough to say they are from Birmingham when they beat Villa or City though, or are ahead of the other two in the table!

Quite happy to claim West Mids bragging rights, but (in my experience) NEVER say they are from Birmingham.

I lived with an ardent baggies fan for a couple of years and met plenty of his friends and family and it was a running joke/piss-take that they were from Birmingham. Plenty of black country swearsies received in return! :)

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I'd be gutted with the total lack of imagination if I was a baggies fan. They seem to love paying the old dinosaurs, Alladyce and Pullis just in the last few years.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
My Gran was a Baggies fan and I was frequently told they were not a Birmingham team. However my uncle, who lives in Birmingham, was recently telling me that the swimming for the Commonwealth Games won’t be in Birmingham, whereas all he actually meant was that it would be in Sandwell! The red line shows where Birmingham ends and Sandwell starts, and it goes right past the Hawthorns! An important distinction for plenty!!

6996125E-8247-4318-B2D0-566DE42BB2AB.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Quite happy to claim West Mids bragging rights, but (in my experience) NEVER say they are from Birmingham.

I lived with an ardent baggies fan for a couple of years and met plenty of his friends and family and it was a running joke/piss-take that they were from Birmingham. Plenty of black country swearsies received in return! :)

Fair enough! I know they have a massive rivalry with Wolves too, maybe an even bigger one than with the other two previously mentioned clubs.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Fair enough! I know they have a massive rivalry with Wolves too, maybe an even bigger one than with the other two previously mentioned clubs.

In the West Midlands the rivalries are broadly as follows:

Wolves / West Brom and Birmingham / Villa are the big 2 derbies
Wolves / Birmingham is a ‘cancel police leave’ job, however West Brom / Birmingham is a ‘friendly’ derby
Everyone kind of likes Walsall, though there is definitely rivalry with Wolves
Everyone dislikes Villa, and that even includes Coventry, whose rivalry with the other teams is not so intense

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Wolves was definitely the big one for them. The Black Country derby…

He referred to all Wolves fans as “the tatter sh|t”. If I ever did ask why, I’ve forgotten.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Wolves was definitely the big one for them. The Black Country derby…

He referred to all Wolves fans as “the tatter sh|t”. If I ever did ask why, I’ve forgotten.

The Dingles covers Wolves fairly accurately

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here