Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumbing Oddity

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Not sure if anyone can help ... it's pretty weird tbh:

I live in a ground floor flat with a basement flat below. They've got a dishwasher under their kitchen sink.
My kitchen is directly above. When they run the dishwasher it causes a stop/start/stop/start banging in MY kitchen pipes?????
They haven't heard this (so far). Fortunately we get on well and are trying to resolve this together.
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Water hammer of some sort.
Is the plumbing connected or 2 separate supplies?

Early guess, fit a non return valve on the dishwasher supply.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I live in a ground floor flat with a basement flat below. They've got a dishwasher under their kitchen sink.
My kitchen is directly above. When they run the dishwasher it causes a stop/start/stop/start banging in MY kitchen pipes?????
They haven't heard this (so far). Fortunately we get on well and are trying to resolve this together.
Thanks

Talking of plumber oddities, you need the assistance of [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] or his padwan [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION]:cool:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Thanks
Had exactly the same a few months ago. Good plumber will fix it.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Now, I'm no plumber, but I would suggest an accumulator / expansion tank may be the solution?
This is really a cheap and easy solution. Possibly.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Water hammer of some sort.
Is the plumbing connected or 2 separate supplies?

Early guess, fit a non return valve on the dishwasher supply.

One mains supply (to three flats), but pipework separate, we all have individual stopcocks

Thank you!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Potentially, the 5 most expensive words in the English language…

I also am no plumber; I haven't a clue. But I would have turned off the water supply and then run the pipes empty before embarking on any "under the sink" work.

I think that might have helped here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here