Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs rescheduled game

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone got any inkling when this will be? Just trying to plan a few days away and don't want to miss this one.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
inkling I heard was Tuesday 23rd Feb - nothing confirmed though, Just a rumour !

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I thought Paul Barber said on the fans forum the Utd and Spurs rearranged dates would be announced very immediately.

Utd was announced the following day. Nothing on Spurs yet.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I want a bloody refund for the two tickets I got, unless the play on a Saturday or Sunday, not taking my daughter to a late kick off

A pal reallocated his (properly, under ST sharing) to someone else......and now can't have his own ticket back, even if the recipient can't make it. He's allowed to buy another at full price though, while his own seat is empty. :shrug::wrong:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A pal reallocated his (properly, under ST sharing) to someone else......and now can't have his own ticket back, even if the recipient can't make it. He's allowed to buy another at full price though, while his own seat is empty. :shrug::wrong:

Hmmm a definate anomaly there l think . . . sort it PB.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Surely there should be an extra extra surcharge for that as well as having to buy the extra ticket? Shhhh …..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
inkling I heard was Tuesday 23rd Feb - nothing confirmed though, Just a rumour !

Spurs might be playing in Europe that Thurs.................oh :lolol:

Seriously that's a Champions league night and isn't there some sort of rule that PL matches cannot clash with CL - probably wrong but I'm sure I remember something about that a few seasons ago. Maybe that's what is taking the time.

Don't really see why not, although people on here are moaning about two home matches in consecutive Saturdays, think they might have a fit if Spurs is put in the middle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spurs might be playing in Europe that Thurs.................oh :lolol:

Seriously that's a Champions league night and isn't there some sort of rule that PL matches cannot clash with CL - probably wrong but I'm sure I remember something about that a few seasons ago. Maybe that's what is taking the time.

Don't really see why not, although people on here are moaning about two home matches in consecutive Saturdays, think they might have a fit if Spurs is put in the middle.

Our Man U game has been rearranged for a CL night (ko time has to be later, hence 8.15)

el punal

Ah right, well hopefully this is why its not been agreed yet, the club might have grown some balls and said it will not kick off at 8 ****ing 15 at night

And the moon is made of cheese. We all know, or should do by now, that PL clubs are limited in the their argument in changing match times/dates when selected for TV. The vast sums that the Albion and other PL clubs receive make it so.

With reference to your post what exactly do you propose the Albion should do? The game is being played at Old Trafford so the onus is very much on Man Utd to protest. The kickoff time isn’t of a huge significance as it’s a rearranged fixture which was always going to be played as an evening game - so it would start at 7.45, 8.00 or in this case 8.15.

Unfortunately, as is always the case, it’s us fans that have to bear the brunt of ridiculous kickoff times and how it affects travel arrangements. We’ve been buggered up so often this season, Brentford on Boxing Day and Spurs at 8.00pm this Saturday as examples, that we just have to suck it up and accept it. The joys of being a Premier League club supporter. :drink:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There are a whole host of anoraks who have YouTube channels that cover Fantasy Premier League planning.
Most of them have spreadsheets that detail all possible dates and scenarios of when games can be rearranged.

I've now seen three programmes in the past few days that have mentioned that they think there is a very good chance that Brighton v Spurs will be played on Tues 22nd Feb.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And the moon is made of cheese. We all know, or should do by now, that PL clubs are limited in the their argument in changing match times/dates when selected for TV. The vast sums that the Albion and other PL clubs receive make it so.

With reference to your post what exactly do you propose the Albion should do? The game is being played at Old Trafford so the onus is very much on Man Utd to protest. The kickoff time isn’t of a huge significance as it’s a rearranged fixture which was always going to be played as an evening game - so it would start at 7.45, 8.00 or in this case 8.15.

Unfortunately, as is always the case, it’s us fans that have to bear the brunt of ridiculous kickoff times and how it affects travel arrangements. We’ve been buggered up so often this season, Brentford on Boxing Day and Spurs at 8.00pm this Saturday as examples, that we just have to suck it up and accept it. The joys of being a Premier League club supporter. :drink:

I was talking about the Spurs game if it was to be re arranged on a CL night, which wont be on TV anyway as its CL night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here