Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're only here for the Villa..." ?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Huge demand for this game in a month's time. Only a few unsold tickets left on the exchange.

Contrast with Burnley a week earlier that has yet to be "sold out" first time round.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's no surprise. Two matches on successive Saturdays and one is deemed more attractive. If I had to choose one to miss, it would be Burnley. Loads of people will only want to go one weekend from two. It's poor scheduling.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Huge demand for this game in a month's time. Only a few unsold tickets left on the exchange.

Contrast with Burnley a week earlier that has yet to be "sold out" first time round.

.....................whatever, I just hope Coutinho doesn't do what he did to us the first time he played at the Amex :eek::eek:

Stumpy Tim

It's no surprise. Two matches on successive Saturdays and one is deemed more attractive. If I had to choose one to miss, it would be Burnley. Loads of people will only want to go one weekend from two. It's poor scheduling.

Just as importantly, the Burnley match is at the end of half-term so plenty of people are away

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Not to mention Burnley have an incredibly irritating habit of picking up a result at the Amex in recent seasons

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One simple fact - Villa have taken more tickets than Burnley - so there’s more to sell. Very impressed with both sales as Burnley nearly sold out too - fantastic support. The fact they’re both cat C and also both 3pm Sat are clear reasons. Lessons to be learnt on ticketing for future imo.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It’s not often a team that was so phenomenal in winning trophies in the early 20th century come to town.

I imagine there would be a similar demand if Preston or the Royal Engineers came to town! :lol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Any worse than playing Palace on a Friday night followed by Chelsea on Tuesday, both at home? Be grateful, we at last now have two home fixtures with a 3.00pm kick off on a Saturday. Hallelujah!
I am not complaining about 3pm Saturday kick offs.

The Chelsea game was rescheduled so that's not really a relevant point. These games have always been scheduled like this. It's just a bit annoying to not have a home match for over a month and then 2 come along at once.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
One simple fact - Villa have taken more tickets than Burnley - so there’s more to sell. Very impressed with both sales as Burnley nearly sold out too - fantastic support. The fact they’re both cat C and also both 3pm Sat are clear reasons. Lessons to be learnt on ticketing for future imo.
More matches need to be cat C throughout the season

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Anyway, regardless of how many tickets are sold or how many actually turn up who have bought tickets, the gate will be 32,227 or similar!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Might have to put my pair on for the Villa game as Mrs G is at a spa day TBC on one of those dates and despite my preference for her to go whilst we are playing Burnley I suspect the needs of the Harem she is attending with will come first

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
On the off-chance anyone might be looking to transfer any tickets for this game (1 adult + 1 child, or even 2 + 2) I'd be very keen...

(I trust this post doesn't break any rules - child tickets on website are sold out, and I'm eligible for transfers as a member...)

Thanks!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa as former European Champions and one of the genuine giants of British football will always be a big draw, am pretty astonished they're deemed as category 'C' to be honest. We could have sold more and I know from my Villa supporting relative they could have sold 4 or 5 times their allocation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Villa as former European Champions and one of the genuine giants of British football will always be a big draw, am pretty astonished they're deemed as category 'C' to be honest. We could have sold more and I know from my Villa supporting relative they could have sold 4 or 5 times their allocation.
I know it's 'comedy' but... :ffsparr:

el punal

I am not complaining about 3pm Saturday kick offs.

The Chelsea game was rescheduled so that's not really a relevant point. These games have always been scheduled like this. It's just a bit annoying to not have a home match for over a month and then 2 come along at once.

A bit like Park & Ride buses. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here