Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Little old Brighton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see a few posters losing their nerve. Our squad is about to be plundered by Big Boys. It is only a matter of time before we will be playing away at Rushden and Diamonds on a Tuesday night, again.

Come on, people. We have morphed from Championship nearly boys, to constipated U formation EPL bores, to Potter's performance art project to.....

Well, a club run in the right way, and a joy to behold. That doesn't mean plucky. It means smart. And the head of the Hydra is the owner. When key people need to go they are replaced - with upgrades. That's whether they decide to leave or are sent away.

So recently we find ourselves with players of interest. We sold one for more money than all the other players we ever sold before, added together. And after that we fell apart. Oh, hang on, no we didn't. We just got better. Not because we sold White, but just because. That is what we seem to be doing, now.

And, guess what? Decent clubs have players they sell. Happens all the time. Get used to it.

We will have setbacks of course. But let's not start getting over wrought. Over tired. Shitting our pants. Micky Adams said 'keep the faith'. We did, Sadly for him, he didn't. Or couldn't.

The club is now a hydra, albeit with one head that is not for removal, not now anyway, even if two might grow in its place. With the head of Mr Bloom the rest of the hydra will keep on growing.

So if we sell a few players, so what? It's all part of the plan, a plan I can't prejudge, because unlike our owner I don't have that sort of mental or financial bus fare.

Alright, people will still moan, fret and bleat. All I can say is, I won't. I'm happy and I trust the boss. If only I could say similar in other contexts :wink:

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mate, we've just sold an ungainly 5th choice player to the equivalent of a bunch of 12 year old girls who've just been let loose in Churchill Square with £1000 in cash each and told to come back in an hour.

Flogging BDB to those idiots for an amount of money most people can't conceive of? Mental.

Up the Albion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very happy with the state of all things Albion.

Only two crown jewels sold so far, £63m raised, who’d only cost us £4m in total.

Both CB’s. So when Bloom was criticised a while back for accumulating a load of CB’s, now it all makes sense. A strategist, who would’ve thought?

Still leaving us with the greatest squad in our history.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I see a few posters losing thir nerve. Our squad is about to be plundered by Big Boys. It is only a matter of time before we will be playing away at Rushden and Diamonds on a Tuesday night, again.

Come on, people. We have morphed from Championsip nearly boys, to constipated U formation EPL bores, to Potter's performance art project to.....

Well, a club run in the right way, and a joy to behold. That doesn't mean plucky. It means smart. And the head of the Hydra is the owner. When key people need to go they are replaced - with upgrades. That's whether they decide to leave or are sent away.

So recently we find ourselves with players of interest. We sold one for more money than all the other players we ever sold before, added together. And after that we fell apart. Oh, hang on, no we didn't. We just got better. Not because we sold White, but just because. That is what we seem to be doing, now.

And, guess what? Decent clubs have players they sell. Happens all the time. Get used to it.

We will have setbacks of course. But let's not start getting over wrought. Over tired. Shitting our pants. Micky Adams said 'keep the faith'. We did, Sadly for him, he didn't. Or couldn't.

The club is now a hydra, albeit with one head that is not for removal, not now anyway, even if two might grow in its place. With the head of Mr Bloom the rest of the hydra will keep on growing.

So if we sell a few players, so what? It's all part of the plan, a plan I can't prejudge, because unlike our owner I don't have that sort of mental or financial bus fare.

Alright, people will still moan, fret and bleat. All I can say is, I won't. I'm happy and I trust the boss. If only I could say similar in other contexts :wink:

:thumbsup:

And we are all just amoebas in all of this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very happy with the state of all things Albion.

Only two crown jewels sold so far, £63m raised, who’d only cost us £4m in total originally.

Both CB’s. So when Bloom was criticised a while back for accumulating a load of CB’s, now it all makes sense. A strategist, who would’ve thought?

Still leaving us with the greatest squad in our history.

Spot on.

I've mentioned a few times on here how we are very similar in terms of ground, STHs and catchment to Leicester and Stains. Now we are catching the former in the table and the latter in terms of profit on players.

This has been (by a very long way) our most successful season, well, ever.

But that much of it has happened by virtue of a 1-1 draw when we have been the better side is both encouraging and deeply frustrating.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And we are all just amoebas in all of this.

'Supporters' would be the word I would use.

If you are feeling powerless, as a single cell organism, what would make you feel better?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Totally agree with you.
I'm not fretting in the slightest, I didn't when White left, I won't when BDB leaves, we will just carry on doing what we do, and doing it well.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Mate, we've just sold an ungainly 5th choice player to the equivalent of a bunch of 12 year old girls who've just been let loose in Churchill Square with £1000 in cash each and told to come back in an hour.

Flogging BDB to those idiots for an amount of money most people can't conceive of? Mental.

Up the Albion.

Don't tempt fate, Thats the owners version of a night on the lash

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I’m reserving judgement till after tomorrow.

Think we’ll be sensible but it’s going to get harder….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It certainly will do if we make a couple of marquee signings in the next 24 hours... :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not sure I go along with any negativity to BDB he’s only had the chance to play in his favoured position recently…looked rusty (imho) against Wolves, but has excelled in that position since and throughout Dunks absence.

But then am I bothered about our future because he looks to be going, not one bit…sad yes because I like him as a footballer (for us) and he comes across as a solid guy…he’ll leave a club/team that is in a far better place right now..so it’s a shrug of the shoulders and onwards we go

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good post. No fretting here….just amused at the number of posters thinking we’ve ‘let Burn go on the cheap’ or whatever, when they really know **** all about whatever negotiations took place. Roll another (probably better in a short space of time) defender off the production line into the Potter Finishing Machine and on we go. Our U23s and loanees could probably make a decent fist of a PL season as things stand……losing a player or two (for enormous sums) isn’t going to change the trajectory at all. Happy days :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here