Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Akinfenwa confronts fans over "sex offender" chant

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't tell me, said fan(s) clutched their pearls, swooned to the floor, screaming for a policeman on the way down.

:tosser::tosser::tosser:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now we know. Baker Lite and JC Footy Genius are MK Dons fans.

What I do know is that some of our "yoof" are so stupid they were singing this about one of our players (yes the one who was arrested for it), presumably as some kind of ironic "celebration". On the train back from Villa and Saints. Perhaps it'll come out again at Spurs, but let's hope not. Absolute brain donors.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What's particularly disturbing from the video is that it sounds like hundreds were joining in with the chant.

"Herd mentality, mob mentality or pack mentality describes how people can be influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors on a largely emotional, rather than rational, basis." (Wiki)

Of course, without the safety of both anonymity and numbers they'd never dare approach him individually and act like that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I love Akinfenwa.
The man is an absolute phenomenon.
How he is still playing football and scoring goals is a mystery to me.
39 and an absolute unit of a man, he is bigger than my fridge.
His goal scoring record is remarkable and when I am watching the scores coming through and Wycombe have scored I always think that it's probably Akinfenwa and it usually is.
On top of all that he is apparently a top bloke and a real pro.
Those so called MK Dons fans need flogging.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excuse my ignorance, but why are they singing a song about him being a sex offender?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The same reason Leeds fans were singing it about Dunk and Bissouma a few months back.

‘Banter’. :wanker:

Okay. I wasn’t aware he’d been arrested for anything.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My mate was at the game yesterday when Akinfenwa went over to confront the abuse he was getting.
Some young scrote ran down, but was hauled away by the stewards.
A flair was thrown during the game, I expect it was MK relations of the Croydon undergraduates.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What I do know is that some of our "yoof" are so stupid they were singing this about one of our players (yes the one who was arrested for it), presumably as some kind of ironic "celebration". On the train back from Villa and Saints. Perhaps it'll come out again at Spurs, but let's hope not. Absolute brain donors.

Heard the same at West Brom, told the **** to shut the **** up, he said ‘oh yeah, soz’

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Glass houses and all that but the Brighton fans at (Chelsea I think) were very heavy with the 'We know what you are' chant.

Wasn’t that directed at Marcos Alonso, who has actually been found guilty in court of causing the death of a girl travelling in his car when he crashed while over the drink drive limit. He would have gone to prison if it wasn't for Spanish law allowing people to pay a fine instead of serving jail time.

That’s a bit different to songs about players who have either been found not guilty or never even charged with a crime.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Jesus wept some of you lot are precious. It’s football ffs. Wycombe and MK (more so the latter) are two complete non entities in the football world. Let them have their bantz.

We are edging closer and closer to football being totally sanitised. No chanting about opposite fans or teams.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jesus wept some of you lot are precious. It’s football ffs. Wycombe and MK (more so the latter) are two complete non entities in the football world. Let them have their bantz.

We are edging closer and closer to football being totally sanitised. No chanting about opposite fans or teams.

No-one has ever suggested that folk shouldn't go to a football match and loudly back their team. They did it back in the days. It wasn't until the 70s that all this crept in.

Of course, we did it as kids, but now we see a better way.

Going to a match and loudly cheering the Albion, without reverting to toxic chants against the opponent, takes nothing from my football experience. Nothing.

So, I'll turn it round. How is a person's life lessened because of the new attitude ? Are we somehow causing distress and damage to folk who want to say nasty things ? Who are the real snowflakes here ?

Don't worry though, a good old boo is still on the allowed list. I love a good boo me.

You should come to a Whitehawk match. A group of fans singing for most of the game. But nastiness, no, frowned upon. It's a great experience.

Wycombe Wanderers aren't a non-entity either. They are an established league club who are supported by a few thousand local fans. Remember when we were in their position ?

I'll give you MK though.....

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Heard the same at West Brom, told the **** to shut the **** up, he said ‘oh yeah, soz’

That'll be the approach if I hear it on the Spurs trip I think.

On the way back from Southampton they were at the other end of the carriage and were also told to shut it by pretty much everyone else. Same lot that do the "Zaha malaria" chant I reckon.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
EDIT: Let's not discuss ongoing cases, shall we?

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here