Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] How big is yours?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Had a quite impressive collection of 70s and 80s albums along with a massive amount of 12 inch singles, which unfortunately were lost in my messy divorce.

Every now and again I either hear or think of a song and get a little twinge of regret that I know longer own it...

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A week to catalogue 120,000 items? That seems like a very quick turnaround!

Following a week of trawling through more than 120,000 albums, 12 inches and seven inches, at the Suffolk home affectionately dubbed "Peel Acres", the job was done.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Not very big collection, but I have all the old stuff I want and it has to be something special to buy something new. I not a record collector I buy them to listen too.

BEF32673-A2FF-480C-AD50-5E7752ABD9E0.jpeg

el punal

I’ve got 120 LPs (sorry, I’m old school - it’s albums or LPs in my book, not vinyl). Some of them quite rare, like a Japanese pressing of Free’s Tons Of Sobs. For singles, not many, Brown Sugar by the Stones and Weaver of Life by Family spring to mind.

That was a very interesting article. I loved John Peel, he was an oasis in a desert of moribund, musical mediocrity dictated at the time by the woeful offerings of a teeny bop driven Radio One.

bhadiv1

Apr 28, 2009
Saltdean
Not surprisingly a mainly old vinyl collection mainly from the 1950s to 1980s (around 670) in total, lots of singles / and icludes around 125 albums.
Quite a collective mix quite a lot of punk/new wave (some worth money, but would never sell).
I only have vinyl, still get the odd new album (maybe 2 or 3 a year).

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have TWO pieces of vinyl after emigrating a few years back.

Quality music in rare condition with classic covers.

Appetite for Destruction, Guns and Roses - the original release with the cover that was changed due to criticism from what was to become known as the the PC brigade/woke culture or forever offended types.

Boys in the old Brighton Blue, BHAFC FA Cup Squad 1983

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve got 120 LPs (sorry, I’m old school - it’s albums or LPs in my book, not vinyl). Some of them quite rare, like a Japanese pressing of Free’s Tons Of Sobs. For singles, not many, Brown Sugar by the Stones and Weaver of Life by Family spring to mind.

That was a very interesting article. I loved John Peel, he was an oasis in a desert of moribund, musical mediocrity dictated at the time by the woeful offerings of a teeny bop driven Radio One.

Compulsive listening late at night with the transistor radio

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Mine has shrunk over the years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have some good vinyl. The Clash first album, signed by Joe Strummer (probably unique). The first two High Tide albums (going for £500 each, 15 years ago). Lots of 12" singles. Almost every punk 7" released berween 75 and 78 (THE period). But my pride and joy is my MP3 collection.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've got about 200 LPs but my kids have them now, including a Sergeant Pepper picture disc, Blondie Parallel Lines picture disc, John Cooper Clarke 10 inch Walking Back to Happiness on transparent vinyl and early Blondie Rip Her To Shreds EP., plus, courtesy of my sister, Day Tripper and We Can Work It Out double A side from some band that were quite popular in the 60s.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have TWO pieces of vinyl after emigrating a few years back.

Quality music in rare condition with classic covers.

Appetite for Destruction, Guns and Roses - the original release with the cover that was changed due to criticism from what was to become known as the the PC brigade/woke culture or forever offended types.

Boys in the old Brighton Blue, BHAFC FA Cup Squad 1983

It was the music stores that refused to stock it after pressure from the Christian Right in the U.S, very much NOT what became known as the PC brigade/woke culture. The complete opposite in fact. Jolly good effort though, WellQuick. :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It was the music stores that refused to stock it after pressure from the Christian Right in the U.S, very much NOT what became known as the PC brigade/woke culture. The complete opposite in fact. Jolly good effort though, WellQuick. :thumbsup:

I actually do not care if it was the left, right, green or aliens that were offended, somebody did not like a cartoon image. Good fun you got all uppity about criticism of the woke/PC/ offended though, speaks volumes :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here