Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cancel Culture

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant say i ever noticed men/women signage in Boots. managed to avoid accidently buying sanitary towels or apple&peach deodorant for myself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
cant say i ever noticed men/women signage in Boots. managed to avoid accidently buying sanitary towels or apple&peach deodorant for myself.

Won’t be able to call it Boots for much longer as it will probably offend people wearing shoes. Where will it end?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And in the same news....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-60174037

Don Revie was a 'victim of cancel culture' when the FA gave him a 10 year ban from UK football after he quit the England job to spend more time with money in the middle east.

Crikey. I thought cancel culture was a black person attempting to 'cancel' something racist, and Das Reich shaking his fist in outrage, and posting video links to fake news websites. What do I know, eh? :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That comedian bloke or whatever he is, makes himself look really silly next to someone clearly more intelligent and eloquent than him.

He mentioned Lawrence Fox, is Fox being cancelled by wokeism due to his views? or, more likely, being dropped, distanced and divorced due to being a bit of a knobhead? Amongst other things, he randomly picked on a bunch of people and publicly called them paedophiles , retracted his Tweets and later came up with a ludicrous excuse why he did this. This is plain idiotic as opposed to anything political.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Christonabike, you've found something else to whine about, does it challenge your masculinity?

Quite a good idea. I use a deodorant and a moisturiser that are both branded for women. With the de-gendering of retail space, I can now feel quite comfortable popping up any aisle.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Quite a good idea. I use a deodorant and a moisturiser that are both branded for women. With the de-gendering of retail space, I can now feel quite comfortable popping up any aisle.

I'm all for de-gendering clothes and personal care bits and bobs.

The women's shampoo and moisturisers etc. all smell better than anything else I've used and I've got a couple of women's cardigans because trying to find a long cardigan with a hood for men was basically impossible.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was meant to be a joke. Apologies. I'll get my coat. :(

On my way out though...I think it might be some sort of winter break, yes. I haven't checked to be honest.

Thanks. It’s a fine joke btw. I hadn’t had my 2nd coffee so by bad!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm all for de-gendering clothes and personal care bits and bobs.

The women's shampoo and moisturisers etc. all smell better than anything else I've used and I've got a couple of women's cardigans because trying to find a long cardigan with a hood for men was basically impossible.

Agree. Women's roll on deodorant is usually a far simpler and less powerful smell. Some men's products are astonishingly pungent.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He mentioned Lawrence Fox, is Fox being cancelled by wokeism due to his views? or, more likely, being dropped, distanced and divorced due to being a bit of a knobhead? Amongst other things, he randomly picked on a bunch of people and publicly called them paedophiles , retracted his Tweets and later came up with a ludicrous excuse why he did this. This is plain idiotic as opposed to anything political.

Who did he say that about, and what was his excuse?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who did he say that about, and what was his excuse?

Mr Fox called both Mr Blake and the former RuPaul's Drag Race contestant, whose real name is Colin Munro Seymour, "paedophiles".

His excuse?

Mr Fox defended his comments, claiming the term "paedophiles" was a "meaningless and baseless" insult.

During the manifesto launch for the Reclaim party, which Mr Fox leads, he said he was unaware of the defamation case.

Mr Fox said: "Free speech. You throw meaningless and baseless insults at someone you get a meaningless and baseless insult in return."

He added: "People can call me whatever they want."

The comments followed a tweet from the supermarket Sainsbury's, which shared its support for Black History Month.

On 4 October, Mr Fox tweeted that Sainsbury's marking Black History Month "promoted racial segregation and discrimination".

He called for people to boycott the supermarket.

In response, Mr Fox claims he was "called a racist."

-BBC News

If he isn't a racist, Mr. Fox does a very good impression of one.

-The Clamp

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Are you aware that Boots are removing all their men and women signs above their stock in their outlets in the country paying someone I know £100 a pop to remove them??? Absolute disgrace people having their identity removed to appease a small minority of people in this country

Why is this being allowed to continue ??

Regards
DF

Having problems finding the primer?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The usual suspects have got this thread ‘cancelled’ by getting angry and abusive, rather than taking part in open and constructive debate. They have achieved their objective by getting it moved into the Pit.

This forum used to be very educational , fun, diverse and informative. Now becoming just ‘another football message board’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here