Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cancel Culture

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd rather be 27 not 57 as well tbh.

Just switch off the likes of daytime TV, YouTube and Facebook and much of this "froth" can be totally removed from life.

Should you go out and do something less boring instead?

Ironically a joke lost on anyone 27.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yawn.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That comedian bloke or whatever he is, makes himself look really silly next to someone clearly more intelligent and eloquent than him.

I would have said 'shouty' and rude, she deliberately interrupted him to stop him from talking and getting over his point of view and degenerated it into an argument (which she clearly loves by her whole tone) instead of a reasonable debate.

I can see both sides and both have elements of being right imo. Circumstances dictate what was said and by whom as to the effect of the comment and therefore the consequences to 'put it right'.

Cue being cancelled :flameboun

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It's also called voting with your feet or capitalism. I don't think Jim Davidson or Roy Chubby Brown should be banned but I wouldn't pay to watch them in a million years and wouldn't expect a venue to be forced to host them.

Always be wary of people who suggest the world would be better if we had to be less polite to one another.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I find it impossible to read those words in anything other than a Northern Irish accent.

Ah those 80’s memories where the ‘Belfast Gang’ could equally refer to a sinister paramilitary organisation or alternatively a wholesome group of teenagers discussing and presenting ‘fillums’ of activities to do during the summer holidays.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Def not team shola , she was incredibly rude and self righteous to Kate G when she didn’t offer to pronounce her surname when politely asked & told her she would not let her get away with that but to pronounce it phonetically. Lots of people would have issues with the correct pronunciation of her surname . Full of herself , horrible self righteous woman .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ah those 80’s memories where the ‘Belfast Gang’ could equally refer to a sinister paramilitary organisation or alternatively a wholesome group of teenagers discussing and presenting ‘fillums’ of activities to do during the summer holidays.

They were very, very good at making stuff. 'An empty cereal box, so it is' and 'a wee bit of sticky back plastic' could be turned into literally anything.

Jan 30, 2008
Tin hat at the ready, but watching this makes me glad I’m 57 and not 27.

https://youtu.be/aAIrTFxIrLg

Are you aware that Boots are removing all their men and women signs above their stock in their outlets in the country paying someone I know £100 a pop to remove them??? Absolute disgrace people having their identity removed to appease a small minority of people in this country

Why is this being allowed to continue ??

Regards
DF

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Def not team shola , she was incredibly rude and self righteous to Kate G when she didn’t offer to pronounce her surname when politely asked & told her she would not let her get away with that but to pronounce it phonetically. Lots of people would have issues with the correct pronunciation of her surname . Full of herself , horrible self righteous woman .

Personally I thought that was the best bit. A TV presenter surely has to at least attempt to pronounce all sorts of names. Isn't that part of the job description?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tin hat at the ready, but watching this makes me glad I’m 57 and not 27.

https://youtu.be/aAIrTFxIrLg

Let me explain Grandad, the geezer is complaining that Laurence Fox's agents didn't want to represent him any more, for his "very reasonable views", that some people are having a moan at JK Rowling for her clumsy language about trans people (her books are still available at all good book shops), and that his gig got cancelled in Australia, presumably because the venue didn't want to be associated with his brand of humour.
The Black lady is explaining that you can say what you like, but that society will have consequences for you if they don't like what you say.

Personally I had never heard of Laurence Fox till he started ranting about being cancelled.

As for the letterbox comment, he could make that as a comedian, and some would find it funny, some would find it offensive, but as long as he didn't make it in a hateful way, perfectly legal, but a bit weak in my opinion. But as an MP, it isn't something you should say publicly, likewise tank-topped bum boy, Piccaninny, refer to female MP's as "Totty" etc. because clearly Boris Johnson has been completely cancelled and had his political career ruined by such comments.

Jan 30, 2008
Let me explain Grandad, the geezer is complaining that Laurence Fox's agents didn't want to represent him any more, for his "very reasonable views", that some people are having a moan at JK Rowling for her clumsy language about trans people (her books are still available at all good book shops), and that his gig got cancelled in Australia, presumably because the venue didn't want to be associated with his brand of humour.
The Black lady is explaining that you can say what you like, but that society will have consequences for you if they don't like what you say.

Personally I had never heard of Laurence Fox till he started ranting about being cancelled.

As for the letterbox comment, he could make that as a comedian, and some would find it funny, some would find it offensive, but as long as he didn't make it in a hateful way, perfectly legal, but a bit weak in my opinion. But as an MP, it isn't something you should say publicly, likewise tank-topped bum boy, Piccaninny, refer to female MP's as "Totty" etc. because clearly Boris Johnson has been completely cancelled and had his political career ruined by such comments.

Clumsy language ? She told the truth ???

Regards
DF

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Don’t you ever get a bit bored of trawling the media looking for pointless things to get annoyed about?

I say things, but it pretty much always the same single thing really.

Go for a walk or something.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

If only people did just go for a nice walk when they feel it rising

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If Kate G were to do her job properly, she would have known the name of her guest, and how to pronounce it.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

I mean, it's basically 50% of her job right? All she has to do is learn the guests name and read the autocue.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Are you aware that Boots are removing all their men and women signs above their stock in their outlets in the country paying someone I know £100 a pop to remove them??? Absolute disgrace people having their identity removed to appease a small minority of people in this country

Why is this being allowed to continue ??

Regards
DF

Christonabike, you've found something else to whine about, does it challenge your masculinity?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just because this threads top of the pops today, I missed the memo - why is there no PL football today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here