Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Interesting Times Headline re Newcastle takeover

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What is the effing point of just posting a link to a story behind a paywall? Do a ****ing summary so we get the gist. Or are you just a Murdoch lackey trying to drum up business for them?

Bit harsh, but I agree with the sentiment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1487110306593751046[/tweet]

This at least gives the headline. It appears to be detsils from Mike Ashley's lawsuit against her. I'm assuming from what little of the articule I can read, the claim is he loaned her the money to buy her stake in the club. As I understand it he is suing her for 10m claiming she breached a condition not to publicly criticise his reign as newcastle owner. I don't know if £10m is what he loaned her, or some punitive figure.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What is the effing point of just posting a link to a story behind a paywall? Do a ****ing summary so we get the gist. Or are you just a Murdoch lackey trying to drum up business for them?

Alternatively, he may just have forgotten NSC is a hotbed of radicalised lefties unable to afford a Times subscription ... :p

Not all that interesting in my view but ...

Amanda Staveley ‘didn’t have the funds’ to buy Newcastle stake, claims Mike Ashley

Neither Amanda Staveley nor her firm, PCP Capital Partners, “had the funds necessary” to buy her 10 per cent stake in Newcastle United, according to a lawsuit brought by the club’s former owner, Mike Ashley – in stark contradiction of her insistence that family money and the sale of a hotel was used to buy the shares.

The legal action states that fellow consortium members, the Reuben brothers, lent £30.5 million to Staveley’s company, Cantervale Ltd, for the 10 per cent shareholding. It adds that Ashley’s company, St James Holdings Ltd (SJHL), lent her a further £10 million on October 7 as she was “also unable to meet the advisory, legal and other costs and commissions associated with” the takeover.

The High Court filing by SJHL demands the immediate repayment of the £10 million plus interest, claiming that the loan conditions have been breached.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Alternatively, he may just have forgotten NSC is a hotbed of radicalised lefties unable to afford a Times subscription ... :p

I’m not a radicalised leftie, but I do find your continued antagonistic and confrontational style of posting - no matter what the topic - as tiresome as everybody else. Please dial it back on the non-political threads or take a complimentary NSC holiday.

Reactions: :J)

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset

Beg yer ****ing pardon. I said it was an interesting headline that is all. Do your own summary.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I’m not a radicalised leftie, but I do find your continued antagonistic and confrontational style of posting - no matter what the topic - as tiresome as everybody else. Please dial it back on the non-political threads or take a complimentary NSC holiday.

My humble apologies, I didn't realise you spoke for absolutely everyone on NSC, would it be possible for me to send every post to Mod Towers/the Politburo to be assessed for thought crimes/having the correct pov before appearing on NSC?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My humble apologies, I didn't realise you spoke for absolutely everyone on NSC, would it be possible for me to send every post to Mod Towers/the Politburo to be assessed for thought crimes/having the correct pov before appearing on NSC?

You can if you want. I’m not sure anybody would read them.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I don’t have a Times subscription and I could read the following, which gives enough info to get the gist

Amanda Staveley ‘didn’t have the funds’ to buy Newcastle stake, claims Mike Ashley
Martyn Ziegler
, Chief Sports Reporter
Friday January 28 2022, 5.00pm, The Times
Neither Amanda Staveley nor her firm, PCP Capital Partners, “had the funds necessary” to buy her 10 per cent stake in Newcastle United, according to a lawsuit brought by the club’s former owner, Mike Ashley – in stark contradiction of her insistence that family money and the sale of a hotel was used to buy the shares.

The legal action states that fellow consortium members, the Reuben brothers, lent £30.5 million to Staveley’s company, Cantervale Ltd, for the 10 per cent shareholding. It adds that Ashley’s company, St James Holdings Ltd (SJHL), lent her a further £10 million on October 7 as she was “also unable to meet the advisory, legal and other costs and commissions associated with” the takeover.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And yet #10 was amusing. :shrug: there's a good boy in there somewhere. :lol:

Anyhoo Staveley a bit of a wrong'un - next you'll be telling me Watford have sacked their manager.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Amusing comment considering certain mods appear to read nothing else ...

Unless we're active on threads we only additionally read reported ones - and yours are reported a lot, rather backing up Bry's point. You're never out of the culture war trenches and, as a result, are as predictable as....(*scans thread*) Watford's changes of manager.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Alternatively, he may just have forgotten NSC is a hotbed of radicalised lefties unable to afford a Times subscription ... /I]

What a silly comment.

The Times isn’t worth subscribing to………..

It’s the Guardian or nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here