Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lampard to Everton?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
5Live interviewed David Ornstein of The Athletic about this earlier.

He said it was his understanding that Rooney turned down the opportunity to be part of the interview process, with the inference that he found that a bit insulting. Ornstein made it pretty clear that the view is had Rooney been offered the actual job rather than simply an interview, he would have accepted it.

Who knows? :shrug:

We don't.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Lampard will go on to be a good manager.

Other good manager's have failed at Everton, so not sure he'll be a success there, but he'll do ok in his career

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think Lampard will go on to be a good manager.

Other good manager's have failed at Everton, so not sure he'll be a success there, but he'll do ok in his career

So long as he surrounds himself with the right people, I agree.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
No evidence so far - I feel sorry for Everton fans

Exactly. That Derby side he failed to get promoted was like a Man City of the Championship. Then he was largely mediocre at Chelsea.
Seems a nice bloke but not yet proven himself as a decent manager.
Not sure he's the right appointment for what looks like a relegation battle. I'd be pleased if I was a fan of one of the chasing clubs.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not sure why the criticism. That Derby side had Martin Waghorn up front and got to a play off final. His first season at a Hazardless Chelsea was excellent. Fluffed it second season but doesn't mean he's a bad manager, he's got potential

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think Fat Frank is a decent appointment for them. If they give him a decent run that is.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Fat Frank is a decent appointment for them. If they give him a decent run that is.

Sutton’s slammed him on the beeb:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60829600

And rightly so; losing to Palace like they did at the weekend is disgraceful and utterly contemptible.

I took a look at their fixtures. They have 11 games left. To overhaul us, they need 3 wins and 2 draws to equal our points tally then need to outscore us in the other 6 games. For the 9 published fixtures that have left, I struggle to see where they can get a draw, let alone a win.

We should be finishing 10+ points ahead of this rabble. I’m looking forward to us extending the lead substantially.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

And rightly so; losing to Palace like they did at the weekend is disgraceful and utterly contemptible.

I took a look at their fixtures. They have 11 games left. To overhaul us, they need 3 wins and 2 draws to equal our points tally then need to outscore us in the other 6 games. For the 9 published fixtures that have left, I struggle to see where they can get a draw, let alone a win.

We should be finishing 10+ points ahead of this rabble. I’m looking forward to us extending the lead substantially.

Without wishing to state the bleedin' obvious, it's not Lampard who threw in the towel after Palace scored. As he said, have some of his players got the b*ll*cks for the fight? On Sunday's evidence, about three of them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Without wishing to state the bleedin' obvious, it's not Lampard who threw in the towel after Palace scored. As he said, have some of his players got the b*ll*cks for the fight? On Sunday's evidence, about three of them.

Indeed.

Allan is decent but reckless. Gordon is skilful, but has clearly been taking diving-and-rolling-around lessons off Richarlison. And their main striker, when not laid up on a stretcher, likes dressing up as a 14 year old schoolgirl.

WTF is FF supposed to do with that mob ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I think you need to check your arithmetic - 3 wins and 2 draws will take them to 36 points.

We are on 33 ............................

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Lamps is an awful managerial appointment. Just a big name player still cutting his teeth with no discernable style or tactical nouse.

Everton need someone with a proven record and experience

They should have got Moyes back before he went to West Ham or just stuck with Benitez, but thought they were big time charlies with Ancelotti

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It was always going to be a difficult season given the amount of Everton fans that werent behind Benitez from the start. That lack of enthusiasm obviously fed through to the players, so it was destined to fail and Lampard hasnt been able to change things. Lampard is an average manager living off the hype from his playing career who really needed to stay in Championship for a few more years refining his abilities. They have players in that squad (Richarlison, DCL, Gray, Allan, Doucoure, Alli, Van De Beek, Godfrey, Keane, Pickford) that on paper shouldnt be anywhere near a relegation battle, but are obviously not putting 100% effort in. Its a recipe for disaster, and could very well see them drop out of the Prem this year.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lamps is an awful managerial appointment. Just a big name player still cutting his teeth with no discernable style or tactical nouse.

Everton need someone with a proven record and experience

They should have got Moyes back before he went to West Ham or just stuck with Benitez, but thought they were big time charlies with Ancelotti

Spot on, he's a disastrous appointment. He's tactically inept and after his interview on Sunday, I would say he also doesn't have a clue how to manage players.

Very funny that Everton fans violently protested against the appointment of a decent, experienced manager in Pereira and actively pushed for the clueless Lampard. They deserve relegation and a 4.0 cup thrashing at that toilet.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lampard getting the Chelsea job when he did was the worst thing that could have happened to him.

He then ruled himself out of any job he deemed below him. Once gets the boot from Everton he will be lucky to pick up a job in league 1.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think Everton fans will be thrilled with their progress under the England and Chelsea legend Frank Lampard. Having undoubtedly one of the all-time greats at the helm of their historic grand old team, marching down the tunnel onto the hallowed Goodison Park touchline - it is enough to inspire anyone - myself included.

Help, I've started posting like Crodonilson and now I can't stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here