Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lampard to Everton?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They tried BFS already, his 5 month stay cost £11m.

The Gwladys Street boo boys hated his football.

I think they are WELL beyond the point of demanding "attractive football" now. Much like when Hughton arrived here, its a case of getting organised and scrapping for survival. The football was DISMAL under Hughton that half-season when he arrived, to the point where some people on here were calling for his head. But he achieved the first objective, and we cracked on from there.

I'm not saying BFS is the long-term answer. But they could do worse to get them out of this hole, because they're not gonna Brazil 70' their way out of it, thats for certain.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They had a good day out at our place very early in the season, but I think its a big stretch, to say the least, to say that they're the 2nd best team we've faced this season.

They're a team of individuals, a thin squad with some big egos. And they have been absolute shithouse for months. 4 points above the drop, if teams below them start to stir a bit, they will easily be dragged into it. And I don't think Lampard is the answer.

I don't think it's a stretch. Who has been better (apart from City)? I do think that they probably had a good day, have egos, and have been shitehouse for 4 months, and that Lampard will be the answer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think it's a stretch. Who has been better (apart from City)? I do think that they probably had a good day, have egos, and have been shitehouse for 4 months, and that Lampard will be the answer.

They won at the Amex with an efficient enough performance, but one game is hardly a barometer to proclaim how "good" they are - I think it was what, the 3rd game of the season ? Look at the state of them since then. They've been dogshit since mid-September. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Everton are, quite patently, not a very good side. Putting it mildly.

theboybilly

I'm not a great fan of Everton or anything but they seem to be a decent set of supporters up there, level-headed and not up themselves. A stadium with history pouring out of every nook & cranny (truly, not like a lot of so-called 'Old School' grounds - think Villa Park) A much nicer club than their neighbours

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They won at the Amex with an efficient enough performance, but one game is hardly a barometer to proclaim how "good" they are - I think it was what, the 3rd game of the season ? Look at the state of them since then. They've been dogshit since mid-September. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Potter got tactically schooled by Rafa early season. As always, he took the positives, learned from it, and absolutely rinsed Rafa in the return fixture (even MOTD said so). Unfortunately for Rafa, virtually every other manager worked him out as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Beyond City, they've been the best team we've played this season. All their players were fit then, but they haven't been able to put out a first 11 pretty much since then.
They're not relegation material in my view. Could do with strengthening their defence and, obviously, they're rubbish when you consider what their squad cost (Sigurdsson, Iwobi, ...), but DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan, Gray ... all are good players.

true, its not too shabby. which makes it all the more bizzare, how did experienced Benitez fail to get a tune out of them, why would Lampard do any better.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm not a great fan of Everton or anything but they seem to be a decent set of supporters up there, level-headed and not up themselves. A stadium with history pouring out of every nook & cranny (truly, not like a lot of so-called 'Old School' grounds - think Villa Park) A much nicer club than their neighbours

I'm no fan of Aston villa but I'm really not sure how anyone could say Villa Park isn't an old school style ground with a wealth of history

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Beyond City, they've been the best team we've played this season. All their players were fit then, but they haven't been able to put out a first 11 pretty much since then.
They're not relegation material in my view. Could do with strengthening their defence and, obviously, they're rubbish when you consider what their squad cost (Sigurdsson, Iwobi, ...), but DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan, Gray ... all are good players.

I agree. But the boys played them in their annual six week strong start..

Starting eleven quality wise I think they are perhaps better than Brighton. But it seems difficult to get the best out of that lot.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm no fan of Aston villa but I'm really not sure how anyone could say Villa Park isn't an old school style ground with a wealth of history

Because there is bugger-all of the old ground left since the Leitch masterpiece on the Trinity Road was demolished?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Impressed with Rooney for turning it down saying he's got a job to do at Derby.
Probably would have earned a load more ,he could've easily cut and run. Fair play to him.

5Live interviewed David Ornstein of The Athletic about this earlier.

He said it was his understanding that Rooney turned down the opportunity to be part of the interview process, with the inference that he found that a bit insulting. Ornstein made it pretty clear that the view is had Rooney been offered the actual job rather than simply an interview, he would have accepted it.

Who knows? :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Whilst they were decent, it IS worth mentioning our wingbacks that day were Gross and Moder. They took advantage of that fact and all their play was down the wings.

Put Lamptey and Cucu (even March) in and Everton wouldn’t have looked anywhere near as good.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
:lolol:

The same Frank Lampard that rocked up at the Amex and proceeded to play one of Europe’s bright young #10’s Kai Havertz at RWB.

Do any of these owners actually watch the football and tactics the likes of Lampard and OGS employee. If they had a clue these clowns would never be employed.

Lampard to Everton is like putting more accelerant on a dumpster fire. I can’t wait to watch this.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Theoretically, Derby are 3 wins from safety.
If they survive relegation Rooney's stock would go through the roof.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The point I stated was that Everton were the second best team we've played against this season after City, and that was the point I made. It wasn't that they were a very good side. I also agree with the comments made by [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]

PS in the post you responded to, I meant to say 'Lampard will not be the answer' rather than what I did say, which was the opposite.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whilst they were decent, it IS worth mentioning our wingbacks that day were Gross and Moder. They took advantage of that fact and all their play was down the wings.

Put Lamptey and Cucu (even March) in and Everton wouldn’t have looked anywhere near as good.

I'd forgotten that and it's a good point to make. I do think that with their first 11 out then Everton looked strong and well organised. They haven't been able to field that first 11 subsequently (and, even if they could, I'm not convinced by their back five). And as others have said, managers have adapted to Benitez, and found him out.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
See rumours that Everton are attempting to hijack the Manchester United to Palace loan deal for Van de Beek.

Whoever gets him has to pay his £120,000 weekly wage, and a loan fee.

Fat Frank wants him at the Toffees.

It’s Fabrizio Romano reporting it, so it’s probably true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here