Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Winterwatch?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd really like to know why foxes are digging up my lawn. What are they after?

Foxes-Glacier-Mints-2FOX-BOI-FGM.jpg

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Probably already a thread on this but jolly good isn’t it
I’d still ruin Michaela. Its that Welsh xx the annoys me… Dont know why as I generally think the Welsh are ok. Well they’re better that The Scotch

Wow. Who says misogyny and racism are dead?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like winter watch and I like scotch - but prefer bourbon. Won’t be long before we see red kite on the South Downs.

Seen about 4/5 over the last year. One between Ditchling beacon and Hollingbury and a couple on A23. Someone can now do the old Buzzards/Asda joke

:goal:

Buzzards soar in much wider arcs. Kites duck and dive, more manoeuvrable.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Kites also do a weird thing where they can hold their tails twisted at a different angle to their body. Something Buzzards never do.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Buzzards soar in much wider arcs. Kites duck and dive, more manoeuvrable.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

So kites don’t impinge upon buzzards grounds then G ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Worms maybe.... I feed ours so down have that problem from them but do have a seagull doing its own version of Riverdance who does rip up my lawn.

What do you give to feed the foxes?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Seen red kites in the Selmeston/Berwick neck of the woods, but only very occasionally.

Much more likely to see buzzards along that stretch. A few weeks ago, driving between the Drusillas roundabout and Firle, we counted five, including a couple at very close quarters.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They like whole uncooked eggs , peanut butter or jam sandwiches, cheese but mainly i also give them dog biscuits and dog food.... I see it as a top up rather than feeding. I have around 5 that turn up through the course of the night.

I have found they eat absolutely anything and chuck out any food scraps. Raw stuff tends to go in the compost, but anything cooked out for the badgers and foxes. Mouldy cheese, any meat fat (put all fat from any meat in a bowl, let it solidify and then chuck it out), bread, they even seem to like a chicken carcass after I've boiled it for stock ???

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have found they eat absolutely anything and chuck out any food scraps. Raw stuff tends to go in the compost, but anything cooked out for the badgers and foxes. Mouldy cheese, any meat fat (put all fat from any meat in a bowl, let it solidify and then chuck it out), bread, they even seem to like a chicken carcass after I've boiled it for stock ???

Shouldn't do chicken carcass as the bones will have become brittle through the cooking process and then tend to splinter.....

But agree they like a wide range but follow the guidelines regards what not to feed - basically same as a dog so no chocolate or as my daughter pointed out no grapes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here