Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not a talksport defender but in this case your generic comment about this show is inaccurate.

The show Jordan is on has mostly been discussing the situation at Derby (covered really well), Everton's manager search and the relegation battle in recent times.

Jordan speaks A LOT about us and how we conduct our business.

I listen to this show and the Rushden/Baker show on saturday mornings which I find entertaining. The joy of smart speakers is, when an ad comes on, just ask the speaker to play something else for a few mins.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of prejudiced misconceptions eh ? :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What I generally do when WFH is just switch on the smart TV and put it on YouTube. Whenever the ads / traffic / news etc comes on, it breaks to blissful.....silence. Till the show resumes. Ideal.

As for Jordan, he clearly loves the sound of his own voice and if he was an ice cream he'd eat himself. But he knows football, and football finance inside out, and doesn't bother to filter his views. It makes for very good radio, because he cuts through all the bullshit and 'tells it how it is'. Annoyingly he's nearly always bang on the money. Its unfortunate that he's lumbered with the SUPREME sycophant Jim Shite, who feverishly RIMS just about everyone he speaks to, but I like how Jordan takes the piss out of him.

Its pretty much all I listen to on TS as it fits in with my morning work routine, a bit of background. Max and Barry are good on Sundays as well, but the rest of it...nah.

BTW, Jordans book Be Careful What You Wish For is a cracking read.

Absolutely 100% of this :cheers:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
100% agree with you. I think he's superb and actually don't think he's argumentative either - it just seems that way because he challenges the non-comments by 90% of other pundits. He talks so much sense and is so refreshing. He is also complementary about the Albion as well.

I listen to him every day now on Talksport. Not a huge fan of Jim White - enjoyed it more when Natalie Sawyer covered for him the other week.

Natalie :love::love: (despite being Brentford to the absolute core)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apart from being ex Palace and once you get past bringing up last nights dinner, he is one of the TS chumps that does talk sense.
All footy pundits, like the sound of their voices, but it what you say that counts IMO......

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
Tried really hard to dislike him, but now find him the best and most interesting one on there, Jim White on the other hand sucking up to everyone does my head in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not me - I'm with you - slightly annoyingly find myself agreeing with his views much of the time. White is an absolute bell though, does nothing but big himself up and interrupt unnecessarily.

….and then there’s Trevor Sinclair and Martin Keown to deal with :facepalm: ….have to admit an addiction for the ten o’clock show …apart from the boxing segment, it’s one sport I’m not really into

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Natalie :love::love: (despite being Brentford to the absolute core)

Is it her voice you like most

146F1283-F763-4B83-983E-5DD0700E189A.jpeg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I find Jordan arrogant and overbearing. I'm not surprised that a lot of Brighton fans like him though. He did his best to put that lot out of business.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Switched it on earlier today, immediately subjected to a ‘Maccy D’s’ advert directly followed by a Cinch advert with a very very very annoying guy trying to sound all ‘geezerish’ Switched straight over. Absolute throwback radio of the lowest order. The day before they had a quiz where you has to name five islands, Darren Bent said ‘Thousand Island’ and then: ‘Jamaica, that’s an island isn’t it?’ Next was name five citrus fruits, one of Bent’s answers: ‘A peach’

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
A couple of years back when I first started hearing him on TalkShit I thought he was actually pretty good.

But he just bores me now.

His forced attempts at eloquence begin to jar very quickly.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why this sporting nation doesn’t have a non commercial talk sport radio station, or at least one a bit better than TalkSport is truly baffling. Guess they’ve done the research and decided it just isn’t viable.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He's very knowledgeable about boxing as well, and with Spencer Oliver and the promoters who come in at that time , its quite interesting if you like that sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here