Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know hes ex Palace and I should dislike him........but this guy has got me hooked on Talksport in the mornings...

I love his argumentative approach.....how he can work with Jim White though?

Stand by for the Simon Jordan haters.

I don't listen to that station but I have heard Jordan in the past and agree with you.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If you like listening to him and Talksport you'll love hitting yourself in the face with a frying pan

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know hes ex Palace and I should dislike him........but this guy has got me hooked on Talksport in the mornings...

I love his argumentative approach.....how he can work with Jim White though?

Stand by for the Simon Jordan haters.

Not me - I'm with you - slightly annoyingly find myself agreeing with his views much of the time. White is an absolute bell though, does nothing but big himself up and interrupt unnecessarily.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jordan talks sense, sticks in my craw to admit it though. So does Keown but White is just an irritating noise

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I listen to TalkSport occasionally and find Simon Jordan ok too - a lot of what he says seems the kind of common sense that's too often overlooked by TalkSport in the rush to controversy. He's also regularly praised what's going on at Brighton and a couple of weeks ago was singing the praises of Graham Potter for the way he rejected speculation about the Everton job and saying most managers don't have such integrity, so he's got a bit more of an objective angle on a lot of the stories than some of their other presenters who can view things through the colours of their clubs first.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I listen to TalkSport occasionally and find Simon Jordan ok too - a lot of what he says seems the kind of common sense that's too often overlooked by TalkSport in the rush to controversy. He's also regularly praised what's going on at Brighton and a couple of weeks ago was singing the praises of Graham Potter for the way he rejected speculation about the Everton job and saying most managers don't have such integrity, so he's got a bit more of an objective angle on a lot of the stories than some of their other presenters who can view things through the colours of their clubs first.

He's always complimentary about us - usually jokes about how it hurts to say so though :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought Talksport was 55 mins of adverts per hour, then 5 mins of footy talk?

No, Talksport is that annoying radio station played by the sort of cabbies who "support" Brighton but would rather spend Saturday in their Sherbert listening to adverts and taking Wilma back to Hollingbury from the shops.

Actually, I think I've partially agreed with you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Footy talk provided you follow Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Citeh..the #teamlikeBrighton rarely if ever get a mention...utter boring drivel..

I'm not a talksport defender but in this case your generic comment about this show is inaccurate.

The show Jordan is on has mostly been discussing the situation at Derby (covered really well), Everton's manager search and the relegation battle in recent times.

Jordan speaks A LOT about us and how we conduct our business.

I listen to this show and the Rushden/Baker show on saturday mornings which I find entertaining. The joy of smart speakers is, when an ad comes on, just ask the speaker to play something else for a few mins.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I listen to it most mornings and find myself agreeing with what he says. Palace or not, if some one is speaking sense and is consistent with what they say, then they are ok in my book.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I don't mind TalkSport it's preferable to radio 5 IMO. At least people are allowed to have an opinion on there even if it is daft and just trying to be confrontational to provoke debate. Huge big six bias on there but that is hardly surprising given they have the biggest fan bases and they've got ad slots to sell.

As for Jordan he does talk a lot of sense when he's not reminding everyone he was once a chairman of a premier league team.......which is every other sentence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here