Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 days left in the transfer window...

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Don’t quite think I said go all in on one player but do carry on ranting. We are still missing shed loads of chances a couple of different options upfront may fix that, a bit of competition up front is healthy. Unless you think we shouldn’t be scoring more than we do and that would be your opinion fair enough. People are way to easily offended on here. Anyway I’m on having a great time in Prague right now enjoy your weekend and chill.

'May' is the key word there. No guarantees. Zeqiri was a different option up front but Potter mostly declined to play his there. Tau, Andone - both looked at and found wanting.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Words fail me :facepalm:

WE'RE NINTH IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE FFS. The best run club across all English leagues I would suggest, particularly in terms of long term sustainability. Hordes of incredibly exciting youngsters coming through, Moder, Lamptey, Alzate, White, Mac just the tip of the iceberg. And you'd rather we spunk all our annual transfer budget on a single 'marquee' striker who may or probably more likely, may not, work out (for warning examples see recently Brewster, Havertz, Silva, Tosun, Lukaku, Joelinton, Pepe, and further back Jo, Benteke, Morata, Soldado, Balotelli, Di Maria...)

I'm not sure we can be the best-run club in the English leagues when we lose millions every season and have to rely on the owner putting his hand in his pocket despite a nine-figure annual income from the Premier League TV deal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Newcastle will meet our fee sadly. Mainly because I believe Burn wants to go so we’ll make it happen (if not now, then in the summer as he enters the last year of his contract).

So ………..

3 more incomings; Enciso, Senesi the Burn replacement and a striker (U21 or senior pro with 6 months left on his contract like Larin).

3 outgoings; Enciso on loan back to his current club, Roberts to Massive and another such a Băluță leaving.

3 more incomings:

Enciso - TBC tomorrow? Loaned straight back to selling club.
Undav - TBC tomorrow? Loaned straight back to selling club.
Burn replacement - ????

3 more outgoings:

Dan Burn - Newcastle £14m, Monday.
Băluță - To Romania on a free.
Roberts - To Massive.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I reckon we only sell Burn IF we get a replacement in first. That won't be easy.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Selling Dan Burn would be a disaster. The way he has played in Dunk’s absence has been a revelation. The game against Chelsea showed he compared well with their Rudiger who is valued many times what they are talking about for Burn . Frankly, the sums reported have been an insult.
We know Potter rates him highly, I don’t think he will let him go.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Selling Dan Burn would be a disaster. The way he has played in Dunk’s absence has been a revelation. The game against Chelsea showed he compared well with their Rudiger who is valued many times what they are talking about for Burn . Frankly, the sums reported have been an insult.
We know Potter rates him highly, I don’t think he will let him go.
Dan burn has been 1st choice in the team for some considerable time now why sell him at all.we need our best players for the run in to challenge for a European place

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We need another striker but yet again it looks like we're going to dodge the issue, not that there will be many folks on here that'll be surprised by that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We need another striker but yet again it looks like we're going to dodge the issue, not that there will be many folks on here that'll be surprised by that.
I assume you missed the thread re signing USG striker Undav? Not until the summer admittedly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 more incomings:

Burn replacement - ????

3 more outgoings:

Dan Burn - Newcastle £14m, Monday.
Băluță - To Romania on a free.
Roberts - To Massive.
Scherpen out on loan, goalkeeper in on loan ? ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Burn goes we may well keep Roberts here I think.
If Enciso qualifies for UK entry I’d bring him straight over to acclimatise starting at Spurs in the cup.
Unfavourable now & loaned back just staves off competition - good move

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Yet again someone critical of Tony not spunking tens of millions on a striker when he already bankrolls the club for eye watering amounts as it is. Its not our business model to do this and I, as a fan, am pretty happy on how the model is working.

But go on then genius, who should we buy that's out there and for how much?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So says the man who works in IT/computers, and lists his interests as ‘computer repairs’…………

Bless you, I must have hit a nerve for you to go to my profile page and check up on me.

That's all old now, that was over 10 years ago. I am now a Penetration Tester (Hacker) and my interests are hacking dim Witt's like you. [emoji3]

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Can we get J-Lingz in on loan?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
3 more incomings:

Enciso will be loaned to a European side, USG probably or an EFL side or maybe he spends first 6 months with us. He won't stay in South America.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Burn goes we may well keep Roberts here I think.
If Enciso qualifies for UK entry I’d bring him straight over to acclimatise starting at Spurs in the cup.
Unfavourable now & loaned back just staves off competition - good move

You could well be right about hanging on to Roberts should Dan Burn depart, but there is no way that Enciso, at just 18 years of age, and fresh off the plane from Paraguay, will be thrown into the hurly burly of an FA Cup tie at Tottenham!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yet again someone critical of Tony not spunking tens of millions on a striker when he already bankrolls the club for eye watering amounts as it is. Its not our business model to do this and I, as a fan, am pretty happy on how the model is working.

But go on then genius, who should we buy that's out there and for how much?

Why so critical? you seem to be taking it personally. Isn't the poster entitled to his opinion, even if it does differ from your own?

Opinions . . . this site wouldn't exist without them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here