Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 days left in the transfer window...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Are we expecting any further incomings or outgoings?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are we there yet?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reckon Burn to Newcastle will happen. Just too fantastic an opportunity for the player, for him not to try to push it through.

Confirmation of the young Paraguayan lad (Enciso).

Maybe an U23 or two out on a Championship / SPL loan.

Reckon that will be it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
One or two.

giphy.gif

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Reckon Burn to Newcastle will happen. Just too fantastic an opportunity for the player, for him not to try to push it through.

Confirmation of the young Paraguayan lad (Enciso).

Maybe an U23 or two out on a Championship / SPL loan.

Reckon that will be it.

Yes, Enciso being reported as a done deal.

Burn going looks to make sense for all parties involved if we can get a reasonable fee off the Saudis.

Could be something else that comes out of left field too as we know the club like to keep a close hand.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would guess Enciso in (100%) presumably to be loaned out as I dont see how he gets a work permit. BDB out (75%), doubtful if he will be replaced but could mean that Roberts stay in the squad or, if possible, JPvH or Clarke gets recalled.

Slim chance (5% maybe?) of Bissouma leaving if the club gets a deal it can not say no to and/or a striker (10%?) arriving.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This is the first window I can remember where I would be perfectly content if the club did absolutely no business: If nobody in meant nobody out either, (including Dan Ashworth) I reckon we have had a result. Of course the striker issue will always be raised, but I think that I've come to terms with Bloom's approach to look to develop a £35M+ striker instead of trying to buy one.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Burn going looks to make sense for all parties involved if we can get a reasonable fee off the Saudis.

I can see its making sense for Newcastle (CB upgrade) and for Burn (financially and emotionally only, not professionally) but I'm not convinced it makes huge sense for Brighton, especially given the form he's been in recently. Unless we absolutely rinse them, of course.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I can see its making sense for Newcastle (CB upgrade) and for Burn (financially and emotionally only, not professionally) but I'm not convinced it makes huge sense for Brighton, especially given the form he's been in recently. Unless we absolutely rinse them, of course.

While he has been great and I'd absolutely love him to stay, there are a few things that makes it make sense for Brighton: good money for a player who is a 30 year old (normally) backup and more so a bit of goodwill showing that if a good bid comes along and the player really wants to go, the club wont deny him the chance. That latter part might sound a bit "meh" but could really help Brighton in contract negotiations with players like Maupay and Mac Allister.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I would guess Enciso in (100%) presumably to be loaned out as I dont see how he gets a work permit. BDB out (75%), doubtful if he will be replaced but could mean that Roberts stay in the squad or, if possible, JPvH or Clarke gets recalled.

Slim chance (5% maybe?) of Bissouma leaving if the club gets a deal it can not say no to and/or a striker (10%?) arriving.

In terms of the work permit, I imagine he may have a chance as he's an international and played in the Copa Libertadores.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

We've got younger CB prospects to bring through and can always reinvest in that position come the Summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In terms of the work permit, I imagine he may have a chance as he's an international and played in the Copa Libertadores.

I made some math on it in another thread:

Lets see... he played 397 out of 1080 minutes in Copa Sudamericana. That is 36% if I remember how to calculate percents. This means... 0 points as it is a band 2 competition. He also played too little in Copa Libertadores. So 0 minutes from playing time in those competitions.

However, his club went to the semi finals in the Copa Sudamericana and he was in the matchday squads, so thats 6 points. Unfortunately they failed to go to the Copa Libertadores group stages so 0 points from that. Their quarter-finals in the same tournament in 2020 wont count because it is not within the 12 month limit.

All in all 6 points from the SA continental competitions.

Moving over to domestic competitions. The Paraguayan league is unfortunately a band 6 league. This is where I cant be bothered to do the exact maths and I also dont know if Clausura and Apertura counts as different competitions and doubles the point. Assuming not, he probably just goes over the 80% game time limit and gets 1 point from this, but it could be as much as 3.

Libertad won the Apertura season ending in December, meaning as a club from a band 6 club he Enciso gets another 1 point.

Furthermore he also gets another 2 points for playing in a band 6 club at all.

TLDR: So if I'm counting correctly, and he gets no additional points for being part of Paraguys Copa America squad (it seems not but I could be wrong), he gets between 10-12 points out of the necessary 15. No work permit.

In order to get his work permit, it is unlikely that he could stay in Paraguay. He would need to be loaned out to a decent league and get decent amount of game time.

In addition, his 3 appearances for 43rd ranked Paraguay gives him exactly 0 points.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I made some math on it in another thread:

In addition, his 3 appearances for 43rd ranked Paraguay gives him exactly 0 points.

Oof. Fair enough. I wonder with Fifa's new rule coming in just how many people will be raiding South America now as loans will definitely have to be carefully planned out.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With money Aston Villa are spending clear they are trying to compete with big boys

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
When Enciso arrives the club will probably want to spend some time looking at him in training in Lancing and getting a take on his personality before sending him out on loan next season, the same path they took with Caicedo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here