Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you buy a flexible Albion season ticket if you could?

Would you like a flexible ST?

• Yes, I’d switch from my current season ticket

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Yes, I’d go for that (I don’t currently have one)

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • No, I’ll stick with the full season ticket

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • Nope, still not interested in a season ticket

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Not applicable / Can’t buy one (ie live abroad)

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I've still got my old plastic ones in my wallet, they're quite flexible. Useless... but flexible.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Bonkers idea .....
Can`t believe anyone knows which games they can`t go to throughout the season when season ticket sales are months before the season starts and before next seasons fixtures released (which can and are changed to suit Sky) !!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bonkers idea .....
Can`t believe anyone knows which games they can`t go to throughout the season when season ticket sales are months before the season starts and before next seasons fixtures released (which can and are changed to suit Sky) !!!

If you think it's bonkers you've not understood it.

There are a set of regular kick off times:

Friday night (normally 8pm)
12.30, 3 and 5.30 on Sat
2 and 4.30 Sunday
8pm Monday
Tuesday nights

If you coach or watch your kid play on Sundays you may want to opt out of all Sunday home games.

If you work away (pre Covid I regularly worked in Edinburgh from Monday to Thursday) you may want to rule out non weekend games.

It's not a mainstream idea as the poll results show, but it's far from bonkers. If you understand it properly.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why would the club sell that sort of season ticket at the minute? I can't see what's in it for them.

Nothing in it for the club, other than increased admin and probably a revenue loss.
This is effectively a PAYG option, but at ST prices.

And no doubt the club would say that the revised ticket sharing options cover this situation very well.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Because formally could offload without lose or pain? And now can’t. Why are you the only person in the classroom who doesn’t get this? Are you THE genius? Or THE :dunce: ?

And why is everyone ‘moaning’ because they have a different opinion to yours or raise a perfectly legit objective?

Don't be so condescending. He/she is simply pointing out the norm that a season ticket is financially not the best solution if you can't make a third of games. If you you choose to have one anyway that's fine but the club is not obliged to offer more flexibility. As has been said a number of times whatever you actually did in the past the law and the t&C's were against it.

Jan 30, 2008
Here’s the deal:

You’d pay for a FULL season ticket upfront/in instalments as usual.

But before the season you get to opt-out of any time slots which don’t suit you - eg 17.30 Saturdays, 14.00 Sundays, or all evening games.

If any league match is scheduled in one of those excluded slots, you’d automatically receive a refund (1/19th of annual total), and your ticket would go on general sale.

(Tough luck if it’s a glamour tie - you’ve lost it)

Interested or not? Vote in the poll above. :thumbsup:

Small print: They’d have to be a limit on how many opt-out slots you could choose, so you couldn’t just leave 14.00 on Sundays remaining, for example. :)

No , I've saved thousands of pounds over the years and there's better things to spend it on even though I still get tempters from the club Prima donna's eat your heart out !

Regards
DF

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think the OP has posed an interesting question (and a relevant one). Not sure why one or two are having a meltdown.

It seems to prove that most STHs will make time to attend something they have paid for in advance. In addition. I wouldn't opt out of my most disliked regular kick off time (Monday night) because the TV seem to like evening slots for Palace and the Sussex OB just go along with it.

But that said:

- I will never go in person to the late evening kick off on Boxing Day, nor will I make my seat available. If this kick off time stays a regular event my chair will always be empty in protest.
- I know we're talking about this because of the seat sharing charge discussion and the number of home games rescheduled but it's a lot harder when you get an unfavourable kick off time away. Given [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's post re Spurs it would seem that particular game is only down to the TV company and not the clubs, so ITV are directly responsible for us having 3,300 fewer noisy fans at a big cup tie than we should have. This is completely unacceptable, and the lack of consideration for the away fan is by far my biggest modern football bugbear.

Completely agree.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't be so condescending. He/she is simply pointing out the norm that a season ticket is financially not the best solution if you can't make a third of games. If you you choose to have one anyway that's fine but the club is not obliged to offer more flexibility. As has been said a number of times whatever you actually did in the past the law and the t&C's were against it.

You misunderstood, the condescending comment was in relation to the disrespect / inference my support isn’t needed. I’ll take anyone down for that! I completely agree otherwise. It is what it is. People can choose accordingly as I live repeatedly said. For me, I can better support the Albion the lower we are in the pyramid. The higher we are, the harder it becomes. Because of fixture changes and timings. Hence why gave up ST. I don’t have the luxury of not working and not valuing money, but even if I did, likelyhood I’d miss games like Brentford Boxing Day 8pm simply because I prioritise other things ahead of football. As said, all about individual circumstances and we all make decisions based on them. You couldn’t and wouldn’t expect the club to be able to account for every fan scenario. Unless you’re an idiot. I fully respect the clubs policy, it’s not ideal and I don’t agree with some elements, but that’s their prerogative just as it is mine not to have a ST anymore after 25 years with one. But then, vast majority of that time we were in lower leagues without all the technolofy and data controls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here