Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you buy a flexible Albion season ticket if you could?

Would you like a flexible ST?

• Yes, I’d switch from my current season ticket

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Yes, I’d go for that (I don’t currently have one)

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • No, I’ll stick with the full season ticket

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • Nope, still not interested in a season ticket

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Not applicable / Can’t buy one (ie live abroad)

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Here’s the deal:

You’d pay for a FULL season ticket upfront/in instalments as usual.

But before the season you get to opt-out of any time slots which don’t suit you - eg 17.30 Saturdays, 14.00 Sundays, or all evening games.

If any league match is scheduled in one of those excluded slots, you’d automatically receive a refund (1/19th of annual total), and your ticket would go on general sale.

(Tough luck if it’s a glamour tie - you’ve lost it)

Interested or not? Vote in the poll above. :thumbsup:

Small print: They’d have to be a limit on how many opt-out slots you could choose, so you couldn’t just leave 14.00 on Sundays remaining, for example. :)

What about a season ticket that is say, only valid for weekend games? And that seat would be available at all other times for the club to sell or a season ticket for someone else that can only attend midweek.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
What about a season ticket that is say, only valid for weekend games? And that seat would be available at all other times for the club to sell or a season ticket for someone else that can only attend midweek.

How would the club price a ticket like that when fixtures change? Some weekend games will move to a Friday or Monday. Games scheduled for the weekend when the later rounds of the FA Cup are on will be moved to mid week if a team is still involved. Too many variables.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A season ticket is for people who want to go to each and every game. They're rewarded for this loyalty with a discount. This comes with certain caveats, one of which is games can change date and time. All of this is know up front, so if this isnt for you and/or you cannot commit to each game for other reasons, then a season ticket maybe is not for you. I appreciate few can make every single game, so maybe a handful of ticket swops is fine, but otherwise it seems fans want the benefits of a season ticket without the full commitment.

I personally think the club have been more than fair and gone well beyond what I'd expect on this matter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...but to answer the question... if I needed flexibility then I'd probably buy one :smile:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So… I was inspired to ask after seeing another discussion around the lack of Saturday 3pm matches this season.

Clearly there are some folk (eg outside Sussex; with young kids) who CAN’T make some slots.

But, given the modest take-up of my very generous offer (which is never gonna happen), I’d say the typical fan doesn’t really have a problem with other slots - it might be an inconvenience at times, but nothing like a deal-breaker.

Obv not a very serious study, but I reckon the on-going complaints about non-3pm KOs is just 'noise' really.

(As an aside, amazing that when fans are asked a question like this, some folk immediately start thinking from the point of view of the club, Tony Bloom etc. If a market researcher stopped to ask you whether you’d buy a new, two-pint can of Guinness, no-one would expect you to factor in profit margins, production lines etc. Shows how invested we are, I guess. More than simply ‘customers’.)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm literally asking "Would you buy?" - and, in comments, you are answering "Should the club offer?".

They are not the same thing!

Well if it's any consolation I thought it was a light-hearted and interesting question to help gauge people's reactions to the barrage of odd kick-off times we've had this season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What’s wrong with the current arrangements…..?:whistle:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not for me. Even though I quite often whinge about stupid kick off times, when it comes to the crunch, it's never actually stopped me from going. Even the ultimate ridiculous 8pm Boxing Day game, I moaned and moaned about it, but still went.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well if it's any consolation I thought it was a light-hearted and interesting question to help gauge people's reactions to the barrage of odd kick-off times we've had this season.

Well, thanks.

What’s wrong with the current arrangements…..?:whistle:

For most people? Nothing. Relatively few have genuine issues with non-3pm KOs.

(17.30 KOs actually work better for me)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, thanks.

But that’s simply NOT true is it! :lolol:???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What if its postponed? Re-arranged? Too many variables

This. The amount of whatiffery would swiftly overwhelm the poor buggers charged with having to administrate such a scheme. And huge numbers would doubtless STILL find a reason to feel put out.

What's wrong with Buy a season ticket / Don't buy a season ticket? Do your own personal maths and see if it works for you :shrug:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
But that’s simply NOT true is it! :lolol:???

You're an ex-season ticket holder, IIRC? Constantly moaning about modern football. Noisy, but ultimately on the fringes.

A large group have problems with aspects of modern football, but generally go along with it anyway.

And even larger group have no problems with modern football (maybe don't know any different).

Feel free to start some polls to prove otherwise. :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What's wrong with Buy a season ticket / Don't buy a season ticket? Do your own personal maths and see if it works for you :shrug:

Ha. Not disagreeing with this.

Someone earlier this week moaned they couldn't make six or so matches a season, and that off-loading spares was now tricky.

If you can't make a third of matches, a ST probably isn't for you.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I have been won over by the arguments on other threads about just paying that extra £20 to make my ticket shareable and let whoever of my friends wants my ticket have a hissy over having to pay to be a member or not

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have been won over by the arguments on other threads about just paying that extra £20 to make my ticket shareable and let whoever of my friends wants my ticket have a hissy over having to pay to be a member or not

I paid the £20 at the start of the season and have shared it at least twice already. Good system.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, thanks.

(17.30 KOs actually work better for me)

As an aside, I think the 17.30 KO on a Saturday is the best of the bunch. Watch the results of the 15:00's roll in or other sport in the afternoon, time for a few beers beforehand no matter how far away you are coming from and doesn't finish late enough to be a pain for the kids or travel home with a Sunday as a school buffer anyway. The atmosphere is normally a bit better as well. It also handily eats into the Fiat 500 TV demographic of Strictly and the like so I'm not subjected to that.

20:00 Saturday's I'm less keen on. See Spurs (a)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're an ex-season ticket holder, IIRC? Constantly moaning about modern football. Noisy, but ultimately on the fringes.

A large group have problems with aspects of modern football, but generally go along with it anyway.

And even larger group have no problems with modern football (maybe don't know any different).

Feel free to start some polls to prove otherwise. :lolol:

Only a simpleton would make such comments so I’m surprised by your post unless :fishing:not least because fans like me were the backbone of the club in its darkest days despite your condescending remarks/inference peripheral/surplus to requirements (PBs feedback only this week would suggest you couldn’t be more wrong!) Regardless, I think you’re being selective too ie choose to hear or believe what you want to / deaf and dumb to anything don’t. No need for polls, the conversation has been loud, continuous and done to death on here and other club forums and clearly a sizeable minority or even majority dislike lots about ‘the modern game’

But as I’ve repeatedly said, you can vote with your own feet according to your own circumstances. Mine don’t (currently) fit ST culture + PL + exile + Albions scheme. That’s all. Bully for you that yours do, enjoy the experience. No need to be unpleasant towards anyone who’s don’t though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ha. Not disagreeing with this.

Someone earlier this week moaned they couldn't make six or so matches a season, and that off-loading spares was now tricky.

If you can't make a third of matches, a ST probably isn't for you.

Because formally could offload without lose or pain? And now can’t. Why are you the only person in the classroom who doesn’t get this? Are you THE genius? Or THE :dunce: ?

And why is everyone ‘moaning’ because they have a different opinion to yours or raise a perfectly legit objective?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the OP has posed an interesting question (and a relevant one). Not sure why one or two are having a meltdown.

It seems to prove that most STHs will make time to attend something they have paid for in advance. In addition. I wouldn't opt out of my most disliked regular kick off time (Monday night) because the TV seem to like evening slots for Palace and the Sussex OB just go along with it.

But that said:

- I will never go in person to the late evening kick off on Boxing Day, nor will I make my seat available. If this kick off time stays a regular event my chair will always be empty in protest.
- I know we're talking about this because of the seat sharing charge discussion and the number of home games rescheduled but it's a lot harder when you get an unfavourable kick off time away. Given [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's post re Spurs it would seem that particular game is only down to the TV company and not the clubs, so ITV are directly responsible for us having 3,300 fewer noisy fans at a big cup tie than we should have. This is completely unacceptable, and the lack of consideration for the away fan is by far my biggest modern football bugbear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here