Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you buy a flexible Albion season ticket if you could?

Would you like a flexible ST?

• Yes, I’d switch from my current season ticket

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Yes, I’d go for that (I don’t currently have one)

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • No, I’ll stick with the full season ticket

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • Nope, still not interested in a season ticket

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Not applicable / Can’t buy one (ie live abroad)

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Here’s the deal:

You’d pay for a FULL season ticket upfront/in instalments as usual.

But before the season you get to opt-out of any time slots which don’t suit you - eg 17.30 Saturdays, 14.00 Sundays, or all evening games.

If any league match is scheduled in one of those excluded slots, you’d automatically receive a refund (1/19th of annual total), and your ticket would go on general sale.

(Tough luck if it’s a glamour tie - you’ve lost it)

Interested or not? Vote in the poll above. :thumbsup:

Small print: They’d have to be a limit on how many opt-out slots you could choose, so you couldn’t just leave 14.00 on Sundays remaining, for example. :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. For my second ticket, which has lost half its use since my brothers (who are madder than me) flounced over the new arrangements.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For now I’ll keep the current two NS ST’s, even though I do miss a stack of games these days. They’re in a great position.

Should my lad give up going when he finishes uni, eg if he moved a long way away, I will give them up.

Then the flexi idea would be attractive,

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For now I’ll keep the current two NS ST’s, even though I do miss a stack of games these days. They’re in a great position.

Should my lad give up going when he finishes uni, eg if he moved a long way away, I will give them up.

Then the flexi idea would be attractive,

Still the sofa? :wink:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Here’s the deal:

But before the season you get to opt-out of any time slots which don’t suit you - eg 17.30 Saturdays, 14.00 Sundays, or all evening games.

If any league match is scheduled in one of those excluded slots, you’d automatically receive a refund (1/19th of annual total), and your ticket would go on general sale.

Small print: They’d have to be a limit on how many opt-out slots you could choose, so you couldn’t just leave 14.00 on Sundays remaining, for example. :)

Why would the club sell that sort of season ticket at the minute? I can't see what's in it for them.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
With games so often being moved to awful times, the fact that even for busy games with some determination and a little effort I can get into any game I want (Palace game I booked into the middle of the North Stand a few hours before kick off) then no, I won't bother.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here’s the deal:

Sorry [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], but I think it may be the most pointless question since "stand up if you hate palace" :down:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was persuaded to limp to the CP game. Pleased I did, great in the NS that night.

Otherwise …. yep …. sofa, duvet, remote, family for company, a tropical 22c, zero commuting, snacks and tea or g&t’s.

Saturday 3pm games at the Amex look attractive though.

I’ll remind you of that come February 19th!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], but I think it may be the most pointless question since "stand up if you hate palace" :down:

Is that a question ? Agree with your sentiment though. The whole point of season tickets is for the club to guarantee sale of the bulk of tickets before the season begins. [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] has also missed out the loyalty points implications of any such arrangement (however unlikely it would ever be offered). I’m afraid if anyone wants the flexibility of picking and choosing their games they need to buy single match day tickets or wear the loss of an unused season ticket. Same as it ever was.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not for me or junior (except he often can’t do Sunday games) - it’s not really specific time slots that are a problem, it’s just occasional random ones

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No. The club needs stable full season ticket income. Tony doesn't pay for everything out of his own pocket. There are enough options available for everyone now.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Not a chance of me getting to all the games, but I'd be happy to commit to around a quarter/third of the season. The trouble is that I don't know which games I can go to far in advance.

Then also the way that people are likely to want to go to the "big" games means that any season ticket is likely to be minus the "top 6". I would be happy with that as I care about seeing the team play, no matter who the opposition is.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No. The club needs stable full season ticket income. Tony doesn't pay for everything out of his own pocket. There are enough options available for everyone now.

I’m asking fans if they’d go for such a scheme, not asking anyone to answer on behalf of the club…

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As I'm fortunate to be able to go to pretty much every game then it's a no from me.

Also, if people give up the later kick offs then they are likely to be the glamour ties as they're the ones that TV companies want. Not sure I'd be happy watching the likes of Watford, Newcastle, Burnley etc whilst I have to watch the best games on the tv.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I’m asking fans if they’d go for such a scheme, not asking anyone to answer on behalf of the club…

You asked and I answered No like more than 70% in the poll and gave my reasons. I thought that was the point of the thread. Or is it only for fans who share your point of view???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You asked and I answered No like more than 70% in the poll and gave my reasons. I thought that was the point of the thread. Or is it only for fans who share your point of view???

I'm literally asking "Would you buy?" - and, in comments, you are answering "Should the club offer?".

They are not the same thing!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Happy with a standard season ticket. Miss 3 or 4 games a season at most and happy to commit for a full season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here